some people just don't get it

/ some people just don't get it
Rd_macgregor; I wonder if that was operator foolishness or just a mistake. It looked like the silo was going in the correct direction at 1st. Hard to tell if he was a bad operator, or something else, with that video. Either way people need to relize dozers are NOT invincible and can be very deadly in a split second.

/ some people just don't get it #12  
I think the guy with the silo just didn't think it through. If he had removed some bricks on the opposite side from his push, it likely would have crumpled away from him. As it was, when he pushed on it, he crumpled out some bricks on the near side, so letting up any at all on his push allowed the silo to collapse back on top of him.
That's not to say that I might not do something that turned out, in hindsight, to have been just as bad an idea!
BOB

/ some people just don't get it #13  
Watching the video it looks like he may have been trying to cave in the one side to move around then push from the other his first mistake was doing thins with only one dozer
2 dozers and a little thing called a cut line is by far safer use 1 dozer as an anchor the other as the puller with a long 1 inch or larger cable between them hooked to the back of the dozers pulling away from each other at a wide angle like about 135deg. One dozer pulls forward causing the other to back up then switching out their roles creating a sawing motion. Brick silos never stand a chance this way and no body is ever in harms way

/ some people just don't get it
I agree with both of you, I know I have done some stupid things in the past, either tired or in a hurry or both, either way dumb mistakes.

/ some people just don't get it #15  
That's a perfect example of just trying to get by instead of getting the correct machine to safely handle the job. As in most cases it comes back to haunt you in the end.