Some TLC for a TC35D

/ Some TLC for a TC35D
A couple more thoughts.

The lights are super easy. I bought a 1" by 1" by 4' square steel stock at Home Depot and used "U" bolts to attach it to the ROPS (no holes). I then connected the lights to the battery. At first I bought cheap switches but they aren't waterproof so I went with NH switches which I think are the same as the emergency blinker switch (you should have some free dash punch-outs to use). 1 switch turns the lights on forward the other for the rear. With that said I'm seriously thinking of replacing them with LEDs (a little xmas present for myself) so that they will be much brighter.

LOL the seat is original from 2000! I'm not sure what to say, maybe sunlight breaks down the material or I don't have a rough butt? My tractor is barn kept so that probably makes a big difference in wear and tear. The canopy is a tuff top and is removable (flexible too if you hit branches). jcl22 I doubt the canopy would shed snow when parked but it certainly helps when you're out in the elements. My one complaint is that it tends to rattle when you're driving so it can be loud sometimes. I'm thinking of upgrading to the firebird fiberglass canopy www.firebirdfiberglass.com/uploaded/pdfs/NewHolland.pdf (~$570) from any NH dealer (it's counted as an OEM accessory).

Lastly on the bushings I've changed my mind. When browsing one of the other TBN forums I came across a person named Renze from Holland. Renze is an engineer and designs loaders for a living. I reached out to Renze via PM and he strongly suggested these bushings (www.skf.com/binary/12-107917/SKF-composite-plain-bearings---11004-EN.pdf) (see POM composite pg 6 of SKF brochure). They will last much longer and will stay tighter overall. I haven't priced one yet by they should be cheap. If you look in the middle of pg 39 you'll see our size ( 1 1/4" ID). Interestingly these are "grease once" bearings with grease pockets. I'd probably grease them more than that but at least I won't have grease slopping all over the place like I do now.

Peter

/ Some TLC for a TC35D #12  
Excellent in-depth reply. Thanks Peter. Things to think about & try to get some cash together. So many competing priorities. That Firebird looks slick and a fair price although I'm sure up here in Canada Land, it will be 3 times that price. Did'nt anybody tell you, were suckers up here. :grumpy:

Looks like you would have to modify your light set-up if you went with that canopy....maybe just lower them.

For the bushings, what "B" dimension (length) do we need ??

Thanks for the GREAT info.

Vic

/ Some TLC for a TC35D #14  
Thanks Jinman, glad to be back and very good to see your still contributing.....you the BEST !!

I see you upgraded to an industrial beast. Very Nice !! Must be cadillac digging 10 ft holes, making 30 ft berms....you name it !! :thumbsup:

/ Some TLC for a TC35D
Hi Vic,

I think the larger the "B" dimension the better (to lower the bushing PSI if nothing else). For the most part I'm assuming 2 bushing per bore that cover the maximum length. I just bought some metal working tools to attempt the bushing install myself (they haven't even arrived yet). Look for some posts in a couple of weeks and I'll cover the entire process. It should be interesting. Nice pic Jim!

Peter