Somebody help out the new guy

/ Somebody help out the new guy #11  
Check the position of your wheels. They CAN be switched to widen your wheel base. There are no adjustments on the rims themselves, but reversing them changes the width substantially.
Loading the tires will make a big difference. Think about adding front weights as well.
Big Eddy

/ Somebody help out the new guy #12  
As someone mentioned having 4WD is by FAR the most important part of mowing up and down them there hills. In fact if it is a real steep hill I personally only go down in the backward direction. I tend to drive up the hills and back down and then drive up again, etc., etc. I forgot one day to put mine (855) in MFWD when going down the hill to get to the bottom to turn around and she just started sliding. Your 755 is adjustable for both the front and rear tires. I would make sure they are set to the widest position and this should make you feel more comfortable. Good luck

/ Somebody help out the new guy
I sure appreciate all the helpful input from you all. To further elaborate, the rear tires are 31x15.50-15 on 15x13 wheels theyhave the same spacing on both sides so the width is the same if I turned them around. The tires are a bar type turf. I have a 60 lb weight in each one. I also have nine 40 lb weights on the front. Seven will keep the front tires on the ground with the bush hog but all nine keeps them firmly on the ground. I have thought about fabricating a set of dual rears, also a taller R-4 type tire. I can have the tires loaded, they all have air in them now. Then there is the expensive route, get a new tractor.

/ Somebody help out the new guy #14  
I have the same Tractor 755 2wd with 60" mmm deck and terra tires. I don't have a bush hog but do have a 6 foot land pride rear blade. With the blade on the rear I have to put 7 weights on the front to keep it on the ground. Once I noticed the tires getting a little slack and decided to add some air . I set them at the pressure rating on the side of the tire, (30 PSI I think) and the handling went to pot. Bounced me all over the place. Got the manual out and I think it calls for 15 psi or so. ( I work for Michelin you'd think I would know better) . Anyway check the tire pressure.
My only other comment is do you intend on bush hogging the hill from now on. Perhaps the neighbor can knock the big stuff down and you can keep it mowed with the MMM. I know mine is one stout deck. I've used it like a bush hog to clear some of the woods around my house and the only causualty is some dull blades. I've got 2 sets and keep a spare sharpened.
Just a few suggestions but if you need someone to tell the wife you need a new tractor I'll tell yours if you'll tell mine !!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif