Someone build an...

/ Someone build an... #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
...adapter that allows me to hang pin-on loader attachments from my iMatch. That way, I could use my tree sheer and the grapple hanging on the back as ballast and when I've cut enough trees that I need to clean up, I just swap 'em around.

I've contacted M & M to see what they think and if they don't respond I'll build my own.

/ Someone build an... #2  
   / Someone build an... #3  

Attachments

• IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_2454 B.jpg
    IMG_2454 B.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 645
   / Someone build an...
Exactly! Does calling you a genius make me any less the moron? Hey, what is the angle it cants?

/ Someone build an... #5  
Not exactly sure on the angle, just made it to match the angle on the forks. I think it was about 15 degrees.

/ Someone build an...
Not exactly sure on the angle, just made it to match the angle on the forks. I think it was about 15 degrees.

Got it. I'm on it.

Last edited:
   / Someone build an...
Adapter.jpg

OK, I had a slowdown as the quickhitch I was sold didn't match the iMatch pattern that my MX5 and chipper are set up for and it won't be here for about two weeks. I'll wait until it arrives to connect all the bits but here's the progress I've made.

/ Someone build an...
adapter.jpg

Here's where I'm at now. It took some doing but I finally have it fitting both the shear and the grapple. Strangely, there was enough variance to require some slop. The top mount for the iMatch will get adjusted for a bit less angularity. I want to be able to drop it and drive away as well as pick it up on the top pawls and have it fall on the pins and as it is with the current angularity I think I'd be giving up unnecessary ground clearance. It'll connect the top cross bar to the vertical tube with a spacer once I'm comfortable with the fitment.

/ Someone build an...
progress.jpg

I de-burred the edges to make it a little safer when handling. I'm waiting on the iMatch to show up before I finish the vertical piece for the toplink. Then it's off to powdercoat. It's surprisingly heavy.