Someone build an...

/ Someone build an...
adapter2.jpgHere's the assembled unit. My iMatch came in yesterday and this morning I hung it and tacked the final part in place with all the pins in contact. It hangs about 1/4 inch low on one side but the pawls are deep and it's not like I'll be using it on level ground anyway.

Tomorrow, I'll pull the trailer out and finish setting up the trailer brakes then weigh it with the hitch scale. I'm going to try swapping the shear and grapple then loading it on the trailer to come up with the best distribution and mark the trailer for tire placement. Then I'll take the adapter to powdercoat and be ready to head out this weekend.

/ Someone build an... #12  
Nice job, Dan. If I had your fab skills, I'd run a triangular brace from near the 3PH top point down to the upper horizontal tube. (oriented for front to back strength) That's the only structure resisting the load's torque around the lower pins. Someday this might be used on a bigger tractor.

John

/ Someone build an...
Someday this might be used on a bigger tractor.

Only if it's stolen.

I did talk to a friend that has decades of experience with similar fabrication about just that and he didn't see a need. It's at powdercoat anyway. If it ever bends, I'll cut it out and replace it with gusseting added.

/ Someone build an...
I'm done. It works. Thanks for the inspiration. The photos don't do the local powdercoater justice. They blasted it well and the surface is quite elegant for a piece of equipment I'll likely bash without remorse.

DSC02640.JPGDSC02645.JPG

Attachments

• DSC02642.JPG
    DSC02642.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
   / Someone build an...
Seems to work just fine. The three point has enough range to drop it on level ground with about three inches for mounting/dismounting clearance. The photos have it at the highest point.

DSC02788.jpgDSC02789.jpgDSC02791.jpg