Sometimes it's the Little Things

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #1  

WranglerX

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
Was working an area yesterday and after shutting off tractor and was using a rake to finish cleanup of area, unearthed a shackle!... Looked over at tractor bucket, sure enough shackle is not on bucket..... Well I have shackle but no pin, its probably under 2-3 yards of dirt... Go into the house at dusk mumbling at my stupidity for not tightening pin after last use or not putting locking wire through hole in pin to keep it from unscrewing, you know the little piece of mechanics wire everybody hates........

Well this morning I went out to dirt pile/area I worked yesterday with metal detector (also found out it needs fresh batteries) and after about 15 minutes found lost pin.... Saves me having to buy new shackle because of lost pin or just putting bolt through shackle hole so its usable again....

While contemplating the future of shackle pin while standing at work bench, looked and saw on hook spare "hair pin" clip for truck receiver hitch pin..... Ding!...

Shackle Pin.jpg

May not work for everyone, but it works for me....

Dale

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #2  
Ssssoooooo, the clip hits the bucket and keeps the pin from unscrewing?

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #4  
It would be nice if they made the pin a little extra long on the threaded end and gave you a clip in that end. Would make things easier.

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #5  
Would snap ring work better...drill hole out for 3/16"+,bucket of brush etc. might have better chance pulling push pin out.

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things
   / Sometimes it's the Little Things #9  
Looks like you need a lanyard for the hair pin clip :laughing: