Sometimes it's the Little Things

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #11  
Kind of sort of thought of using grade 8 bolt and nut and drilling bolt for cotter pin if I did not find the missing pin.... Sort of like above...

Dale

I have several I use this way, works good for me.

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #12  
Depending on the shackle size usually a category 1 top link pin with lynch pin works well.

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things
Thanks all for their input, but original intent was to make us aware of the little things we do unthinkingly (safety wire or wrench) and when we forget it is major cause of grief and puts a dent in our day....

Dale

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #14  
I have shackles that the pin threads into the shackle loop, no nut. The pin is drilled at the head end. I use a zip tie. I have to cut it off and use a new zip tie every time I remove the shackle, but it beats losing it.

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #15  
I use a small adjustable wrench to tighten the pin on the shackle I keep on the loader bucket. When you tighten the pin it puts it under tension and won't come loose.

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #16  
With the animals, I use a lot of the smaller size D-shackles with the threaded pin and, yep sometimes the pin loosens up and falls out. It's a pain to go buy replacement pins. When installing the shackle I always tighten the pin best I can, then I put a short length of high visibility marker tape tied thru the hole on the end of the pin. On the occasion when a pin does back out and falls and tries to hide in the dirt - it's pretty easy to spot with that high vis tape.

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #17  
I paint a lot of pins, tools, etc. with bright orange paint. Easier to find till the paint wears off.

/ Sometimes it's the Little Things #18  
I use mostly hair pin clips on my clevis shackle pins.

IMG_4545.jpg