Grapple sort of grapple / rock debris grabber

/ sort of grapple / rock debris grabber #11  
That looks great, but I'm a little unclear on how it actually works. The description says that each crusher operates independently, but also says no 3rd hydraulic function is required. Assuming the FEL raise/lower function is used to raise/lower the crusher, that only leaves the curl function. I don't quite understand how one function can operate two cylinders independently. Unfortunately, their web site doesn't go in to a lot of detail.

Any idea what the cost of this is?

/ sort of grapple / rock debris grabber #12  
Westendorf just sent me this photo. I have considered fabricating something like it, but consider that the price is about $850 + shipping from IA. The 2 sides are independent, but use the same hyd circuit, which means the grapple with least resistance will close first.

Attachments

• 853456-BC3000_5.jpg
    853456-BC3000_5.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 318
   / sort of grapple / rock debris grabber #13  
Hi Jim
Check out the bucket on the left side of this Piranha web site. It may be just the thing your looking for. Looks pretty narrow and could have a small grapple added to the top to pick up stones of almost any size, one by one and place them where you need them.
<font color="blue"> Piranha Buckets </font>

/ sort of grapple / rock debris grabber #14  
I'm waiting on delivery of a light duty quick attach root grapple that would certainly handle the size rocks you are describing. I haven't received it yet as I need to have a QA adapter made up for my CK20. Photo attached. Made by Millonzi in Ohio. I got mine via eBay but I think you can buy them retail for under $700. They sell a bigger version too. I'll post here with my experience once I take delivery and put it to work.

Attachments

• 853626-48inch light duty Millonzi root grapple.jpg
    853626-48inch light duty Millonzi root grapple.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 245
   / sort of grapple / rock debris grabber #17  
Jim,

Look at this attachment that one of the more creative Power Trac owners made, using ripper shanks for boxblades. Its smaller size sounds just like what you're looking for, plus its lighter weight gives you more lifting capacity...

Root Rake/Grapple Combo