Sotoh 470D buck glow plug problem

/ Sotoh 470D buck glow plug problem #1  

rayford52

Tractor
satoh buck
I have had this little tractor for a few months, the previous owner put an after marked head gauge on it but it didn't work so I unbolted it and instead of taking it off, I just laid it on the engine to remove it completely later. At some point the metal gauge contacted the glow plug wire and shorted it out. I looked for a fuse but didn't find any, there is one fuse under the dash but it looks good, I wiggled a wire connector that has 5 terminals and it worked for a time or two then stopped again, I notice that there is one wire that is corroded off ( it has fire all the time) but I can't see where it goes because the 6th slot on the plug has nothing init. is it possible that the burned off wire is connected to one of the other 5 slots in the plug, I could be wrong but I think the wire that is off is red and white and I can't see any other wires the same color going into that plug, does anyone know anything about this or maybe have a drawing? Thanks. Vernon

/ Sotoh 470D buck glow plug problem #2  
Are you talking about the plug to the ignition switch? If so, yes one of the wires goes to the glow plugs.

Are you getting power to your glow plugs or is it now very hard starting?

/ Sotoh 470D buck glow plug problem
the plug is not at the switch but over to the other side (left) side as you are on the seat, I raised the plastic dash up as much as I can and there seems to be fire on both lugs of the glow plug indicator on the dash when when I turn the switch to the heat direction, do you know what that one glass fuse goes to down under the dash? no , not any power to the glow plugs and the indicator doesn't heat up.

/ Sotoh 470D buck glow plug problem #4  
This says the fuse is for your lights.

If you are not getting power to you glow plugs when you have the ignition in the glow position, there is a good chance the broken wire is one of the wires to them. S470 373 wiring diagram.jpg

Maybe it will attach this time? There is a RW to both your headlights and between your alternator and power regulator.View attachment 687599

/ Sotoh 470D buck glow plug problem
thank you very much, I think this diagram will help a lot, I think I can track it down from this.. thanks again. Vernon