Source for toothbar teeth?

/ Source for toothbar teeth? #11  
Homebrew is correct, the shanks are welded to the flat bar and slip over the cutting edge and take the force. the flat bar just takes some of the yaw force. You have to look close at the pic because everthing is painted black.
toothbar2.jpg

Here is a pic of the shanks. Grove "E" fits over the cutting edge. The flat bar sits in the bucket.
shank.jpg

I have my teeth but need to get a set of shanks. I'm using series #23 cast on a 6ft bucket

/ Source for toothbar teeth? #12  
i dont know anything about this compan, just looking around and found it they look like they hade the teeth but i could not figure which ones to get Bucket & Toothbar Teeth jon

/ Source for toothbar teeth? #14  
donais said:
i dont know anything about this compan, just looking around and found it they look like they hade the teeth but i could not figure which ones to get Bucket & Toothbar Teeth jon
That company is Messicks. Neil Messick is a regular poster here. The generic Series 23 shanks are the most commonly used shanks.

/ Source for toothbar teeth? #15  
To add to Shaley's link above, here's a direct link to Fabco's catalog that has dimensions of the different shanks/"adapters". (1.7MB pdf)

/ Source for toothbar teeth? #16  
Bob, to answer your question - I don't know. Hardened and High carbon and High carbon Hardened are three different things. You can harden carbon steel by case hardening which is a surface treatment that leaves a hard surface and a tough core. High carbon steel is somewhat harder than mild steel in condtion "A" and has enough carbon to be heat treated throughout but it will be more brittle to shock loads.
"Dirtworks" states "Hardened edge" in their ad. You might call and ask them how they do it or what material they use. They are some steels that are prehardened and can be welded.
My thinking was since the theeth do the cutting and then the bucket edge does the peeling and lastly it is pushed over the flat bar I would want the best cast (not fabed) teeth I could afford. The cast teeth are much harder than the fabricated. If the bar is a 5 ft of less I guess the fabed theeth would hold up OK.

/ Source for toothbar teeth? #17  
Another thing to add to the mix is whether "hardened" is actually "abrasion resistant", like AR400 steel and others ...

/ Source for toothbar teeth? #18  
I guess what Bob and I are both concerned with is; what should the flat bar material be. I would hate to put all tht effort into a toothbar and have it wear out in a year. If there is someone here who has built one and can comment on how it is holding up I would like to hear form them.