Sourcing Early Toolcat Wheels and Tires

/ Sourcing Early Toolcat Wheels and Tires #1  

Freeze Plug

Tractor
2006 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 C
I have a 2006 Toolcat 5600 "C" series. My rear tires are shot so I was considering just getting a pair of tires to swap on, however all 4 wheels are very rusty on the insides from salt/plow duty for its whole life. I'd like to get a new set of wheels and tires all around, just not at the bobcat dealer prices. Can someone direct me to a supplier that can source the correct wheels for this machine? The lug pattern looks like 6x6.00" and they have 27x10.50-15 tires. If I could order a complete wheel and tire package I'd be overjoyed. Stock sizes would be fine.

I have contacted multiple suppliers and while they do offer wheels that are the proper bolt pattern, I have been told that the backspacing is wrong and will be an issue when turning

Thanks!

Last edited:
   / Sourcing Early Toolcat Wheels and Tires
IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

mine are definitely 6x6" and 15x8 but I am not sure about the offset/backspacing, can anyone help me out as to what OEM offset is?

/ Sourcing Early Toolcat Wheels and Tires #5  
The pics you posted sure don't look like zero offset, they appear to be right in the middle of the rim to me but your not showing the back side.
Six bolt x 6" space is a standard farm implement wheel, should be able to get them almost any where in different offsets, however zero offset my be rare, the only farm implement I know of that uses 0 offset is most older square balers on the heavy side of the baler, they are actually 12 hole on 6" space but only use 6 lug bolts, the other six are to bolt a dual rim up against them.
Although my best advice isn't on the rims, you haven't said what kind of tires your wanting, in my option those R4 tires you currently have on are the roughest riding and the most worthless tires in mud and snow, (not to mention side hills) that you could possibly have, especially once the lugs round off a little bit. I don't really care for turf tires much either that bobcat offers, but they do ride a lot better and have much better traction on snow, packed snow and on side hills.
You may also want to consider taller tires. Bobcat offers 27" and 29", I replaced my 29" factory turfs with 31" tires, gives my toolcat more ground clearance and a little more road speed. Didn't seem to affect pull power or torque much at all. I do notice however the extra height when I change attachments, certain attachments I have to lean the mask forward to hook on. I wouldn't advise anything taller than 31"

/ Sourcing Early Toolcat Wheels and Tires #6  
Just so everybody understands offset and backspace:

backspace_offset.jpg

/ Sourcing Early Toolcat Wheels and Tires #7  
Thanks Xfaxman, I stand corrected, I thought offset and back space were one in the same. Make sense now.

Thanks for the info guys

Can anyone confirm that the wheels posted above will bolt right up? They are less than half the price of wheels from bobcat so I am leaning towards those if they will work

As far as tires, will 29" clear on a 5600 C series? What tread pattern would you guys suggest? I am going to use this for snow removal, debris/tree removal, general property maintenance, potentially some mowing

Thanks!

/ Sourcing Early Toolcat Wheels and Tires #9  
What is the center hole measurement on your stock wheels?

Those are 4-5/8"

yes my center hole looked like 4.625 when I checked last, I am not home right now to verify