Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ...

/ Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ... #11  
   / Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ...
Well shoot ... was all set to make the drive (bringing the wife, not the GF fellas ;) ) and he called yesterday and said someone came by and bought it locally. I'm not very happy about it, but what can I say; cash is king.

Poop.

Thanks for all the replies though fellas.

/ Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ... #14  
wife would probably appreciate you not bringing the girlfriend

/ Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ... #15  
... a 700lb implement strapped to a 4x6 pallet. Implement would sit approx 36" high. Shipped from Suffolk, Va (maybe ZIP 23321 ?) to 48003. My 11mpg truck would cost me around $450 and 24hrs of drive time. FreightCenter just quoted me $480-550, depending on how they classify residential vs business (they may or may not consider a farm address as a business).

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I know it is not relevant now, however, out of curiosity, I ran a LTL quote on that shipment and our cost would have been $125. I am pretty sure that we have lots of "potential" customers that are reluctant to purchase farm equipment from Sweet Farm Equipment LLC because of the perceived high cost of shipping. Most of our customers are pleasantly surprised when we quote CHEAP shipping on a implement they are buying. Ken Sweet

/ Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ... #16  
Have you ever tried U-Ship? I've had good luck and favorable pricing.

Mr. Sweet's price quote is, in my opinion, outstanding. I'd love to find a carrier that would be in that price range for a 700lb. item.

/ Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ... #17  
Have you ever tried U-Ship? I've had good luck and favorable pricing.

Mr. Sweet's price quote is, in my opinion, outstanding. I'd love to find a carrier that would be in that price range for a 700lb. item.

After watching the "Shipping Wars" program on TV, I would never use U-Ship. All the idiots and a-holes hauling stuff on that show get their loads by bidding on them through U-Ship. I would be horrified thinking that my cargo was in the hands of one of those dolts.

/ Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ... #18  
You know, I thought the same thing. But I found with careful consideration of the U-Ship customer feedback I've significantly improved my chances of good shipping.

I've experienced faster service, much greater care and lower prices than LTL shipping I've used.

Why the U-Ship Company participates in that TV show is beyond me.

/ Speaking of attachments, what would be the best / cheapest way to ship ... #19  
I bought my JD 4520 1,100 miles from home and used UShip cost me $1,300 inside trailer and arrived within48 hours from pick up. I was very happy with the service.