Spec exaggerations: List yours

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
I'm looking for opinions like: "I love my JD (whatever brand you have) ___ (model), but I'm pretty sure the __ HP PTO rating is too high." Or "... the FEL lift capacity is rated too high."

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #2  
Not really a specification issue, but my 2520 gas gauge does lie to me. Tells me it's "empty" then, only takes 3 or 4 gallons in a 7 gallon tank.

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #3  
Not really a specification issue, but my 2520 gas gauge does lie to me. Tells me it's "empty" then, only takes 3 or 4 gallons in a 7 gallon tank.

The 3038e is the same way as is my dodge dakota. My guess is this is because most modern fuel pumps require a certain amount of fuel to disipate heat during operation, if the tank runs low you burn up the impeller.

As to the OP I have not really tested my FEL or 3-point to max capacity.

I will say the EZTrak 445 I have, I do have an issue with the 9mph ground speed the claim, I don't think its that fast, maybe downhill with a tail wind. My wife and dog can easily out run it.

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #4  
I'm looking for opinions like: "I love my JD (whatever brand you have) ___ (model), but I'm pretty sure the __ HP PTO rating is too high." Or "... the FEL lift capacity is rated too high."

You're asking for subjective data rather then objective data. You won't get spec exaggerations, you'll get opinions rather then facts.

Well, here's my opinion:
This thread is a useless waste of bandwidth...

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #5  

heck.. my gmc yukon will do that.. and it's on it's 2nd gauge cluster, wire loom and sender.. been calibrated, and tech dept says it's working.. can show over half a tank, then i can go fill it up and put in 17 gallons... :( Like I'm -EVER- going to buy GM again......

soundguy

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #7  

The only trip up I have seen is that the three point is not rated for the weight of implement the tractor has HP to run of this weight. Yep, we got the power, but don't you dare try to pick this implement up. Somebody has missed something here. I am sure it is me.

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #8  
sometimes that's merely a ballast issue.. as hp gets higher and frames get smaller, though, you do get to a point where you can have a tail wagging the dog issue.

soundguy

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #9  
My NH 1720 states that it has 28 HP. On the engine block, the manufacturer states that she has 26.4 @ 2500 RPM. I doubt that the PTO HP is actually 23.5 as stated by the manufacturer.

/ Spec exaggerations: List yours #10  
As I have been looking (not an active buyer) at new tractors, I noticed a LOT of mis-statements with regard to 3Pt capacities.

A certain Mfgr will list their capacity then that of the others, when you actually look up the specs for all from the sales sheets, you see that the allegedly superior make is truely equal or inferior.

I have also noticed that manufacturers will compare different models of competing products in different areas (HP, 3Pt, Hyd etc) as it suits their marketing agenda.