Special rates on 5740C continue??

/ Special rates on 5740C continue?? #1  

NetworkMD

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana 5740C
Do you think the current special rates on new 5740's will continue beyond the Jul 31?? get even better?? Thanks

/ Special rates on 5740C continue?? #2  
What special rates are you talking about??

/ Special rates on 5740C continue??
0% for 24mo.

Thanks

/ Special rates on 5740C continue?? #4  
Sounds about normal for this time of year to me. They do this about every year I hink. They did it in 2005 when I bought mine too.

Thanks UncleBuck, another question for you. I really like the 5740 I demo'd two new units and on both the transmision shifting felt loose like there is not a solid feel between the shift handle and the linkage, is that just normal for these tractors?

Thanks

/ Special rates on 5740C continue?? #6  
Don't mean to butt in, but I already have, so... Traded in a J.D. 4600 for the Montana 5740. I thought that the shuttle lever had a longer throw than the old tractor, and it does, but seems to be tied to the clutch, had my mechanic adjust whatever he can adjust and makes for easier back and forth shifts, but still grind a few. Sidey

Thank you, yes the clutch on both had what felt like a lot of play before engaging, I am sure that is a minor adjustment I understand Montana (TYM) changed to a new clutch design in the last few months.

/ Special rates on 5740C continue?? #8  
NetworkMD said:
Thank you, yes the clutch on both had what felt like a lot of play before engaging, I am sure that is a minor adjustment I understand Montana (TYM) changed to a new clutch design in the last few months.

The 5740 is an LG or LS tractor, not a TYM.

/ Special rates on 5740C continue?? #9  
I bought mine a couple years ago with the 0% for 24 months. I think I have seen it better then that a couple times since then, but I didn't check too often.