SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #1  

bodin1968

Bronze Member
Tractor
1968 John Deere 2020
if both QHs were the same price is the Speeco that much better. thanks in advance!

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #2  
Yes.

A quick hitch is great to have and costs little compared to the tractor or most implements. It's also going to be in use nearly all the time. I'd spend a little more for better quality.

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #3  
I've seen quick hitch discussions on here where people have said that the speeco and HF are almost identical and probably came out of the same factory in China. I have a HF QH and have not looked at a speeco so I can't comment on that assertion. Just comments I've seen.

The only complaint I have about the HF is the reach, or specifically the lack thereof, of the top hook. I think that is a shortcoming of many of the QH's out there and is problematic. I ordered a replacement top hook with more reach, and it was helpful.

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #4  
With a 20% off coupon the HF unit is only eighty bucks. I did some mods to mine, the best was replacing the bolts for the top hook with hitch pins! No tools needed for adjustments, and I can pop off the hook for those "not quite QH compatible" implements.
HFQH.jpg

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #5  
Speech hitches comes with hook and a link most other brands only have hook Speeco is usually higher price but better quality

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #6  
Speech hitches comes with hook and a link most other brands only have hook Speeco is usually higher price but better quality

Explain what you mean by "hook and a link". Not sure what you mean by link.

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #7  

There is an extra piece that attaches the top link (especially a floating link) of the implement to the quick hitch, to provide a positive connection. Needed sometimes to prevent the top link from coming loose! HF has it available, but the part number isn't listed on their website. I've not needed one, and will make one if the need arises.
Top Hitch Adapter-Quick Hitch

Last edited:
   / SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #8  

The link as I call it is used instead of the hook it looks like a y with the bottom of y being rounded they are available at Rural King and Agri Supply about 20 bucks it hooks up on top link where it pins to QH stays on unit when you hook up to lower pins then you put pin in Implement gives more adjustment than hook hope this helps probably clear as mud I have found it much easier than having to have every piece of equipment modified to fit hook

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #9  
I've had 2 HF QHes, 1 Northern Tool & 1 Speco. Speco & a couple of the HF ones were used. I really couldn't tell a difference in quality. I had to grind a few hooks to fit the Cat3 bushings & welded a 2" extension to the back of every top hook. None were great, but while a nice LandPride QH was a bit better it wasn't worth the over $300-350 the dealer wants for it. An hour or 2 of work on a cheapie works as well.

Looking for another QH now to weld to a SSQA plate (again, previous one was a mount for a snow plow & was sold with the old tractor & plow) so I can pick up 3pt impliments with the loader. Looking for a used one of any brand cheaper than a $100 HF one (might only be $80 with the 20% off coupon.

/ SPEECO or H.Freight Quick Hitch #10  
This is the adapter they are referring to, I built this one and it's all I use.

Attachments

• image-4000157587.jpg
    image-4000157587.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 413