spell check (again)

/ spell check (again) #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
I know it's been brought up before....

Since I'm a know repeat offender of bad spelling, I thought I'd plant the bug again.

Came accross this

spellchecker.net

Can it be integrated into TBN? I'll happily buy a hat to support the cause even though my freebie is serving me well.(although I'm still waiting for the T-shirts to come out).

/ spell check (again) #2  
Pretty expensive solution for this type venture at either $150 per 10000 checks or a $3500 server license. WHy not try something on your end like IE Spell checker

/ spell check (again)
Eagle,

Thanks - I'll give it a shot (probably test it out on my home computer lest I incur the wrath of the IT dept).

/ spell check (again) #4  
The issue is not the capability, but rather the server resources a spellchecker takes up. We don't want to add the spellchecker and have to take it away because it slows things down too much.

/ spell check (again) #5  
I guess I would then say forget the spell check. In fact all you guys that don't know how to spell is ok with me because I don't know how to spell either. In fact I have a better chance of reading something that is mispelled because that is the way I spell.

murph

/ spell check (again) #6  
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dutch

/ spell check (again) #7  
Dutch,

I saw that article. In fact I was able to read your full post and totally understood it. Or is is just that is the way I am used to because I write that way /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ spell check (again) #8  
<font color="blue"> The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. </font>
While humans can still read misspelled words and therefore understand the meaning, it makes it kind of difficult to do searches. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Let's see...

Is it bale hay or bail hay?
Hydraulic or hydrolic?

/ spell check (again) #10  
I have been using IE spell for about a year now and have never had a problem with it...... just my wife looking over my shoulder as I type, saying "you misspelled that word"..... that is what you get when you live with a teacher!!!!!!