Spill-proof, oops, spill-PRONE spouts

/ Spill-proof, oops, spill-PRONE spouts
Look, they have changed the design once AGAIN:

http://www.blitzusa.com/hande/g5.html

Bound to be a number of different designs on the market...I am wondering what Chilton uses now, I have about 8 of their older cans which are squarish and have the yellow spouts and a separate vent on the end opposite the spout. Probably not on the market any longer !!!

/ Spill-proof, oops, spill-PRONE spouts #12  
So on the ones where you have to push against the spout to open it, I guess you'll know when whatever it is you are fueling is full by it overflowing from not being able to see where the level is.

/ Spill-proof, oops, spill-PRONE spouts #13  
Yea after getting home I pour all my gas into plastic 1 gallon milk jugs, Darn I hear the safety police sirens now heading my way. Gotta run:D

/ Spill-proof, oops, spill-PRONE spouts #14  
It's now easier to work with the safeties on my firearms than it is to use the safeties on my fuel cans. I think something has gone horribly wrong here.

So on the ones where you have to push against the spout to open it, I guess you'll know when whatever it is you are fueling is full by it overflowing from not being able to see where the level is.

According to the labeling in the new cans, the fuel flow will stop when the level in the tank reaches the fuel flowing from the safety nozzle. Yeah, right.

I did a search for the older, squared off Chilton cans last night, appears that Blitz, the brand CTF posted about, purchased Chilton. There are a number of the older Chilton cans for sale on Ebay at obscene prices.

/ Spill-proof, oops, spill-PRONE spouts #17  
Can't wait till the government gets into health care and redesigns all the surgical equipment so they are "safer" too

What do you mean? They already do. The "safety" needles that we have to use are much riskier than regular needles. They have this special mechanism to prevent you from getting stuck, but by fiddling w/ the mechanism you have the potential for getting stuck. (I'm an MD and deal w/ this every day.) Thank your lucky stars you have a gov't that protect you from everything in every aspect of your life. :thumbsup:

Re: the gas cans: Your screw/rivet fix for that push-to-fuel dispenser is nice. I've been known to disable the lock/lever versions. My F-I-L has driven up from Calif to buy metal cans which they can't buy there anymore.

Marcus

The rivet I use for locking the sliding spout open MUST BE ALUMINUM and not STEEL, because according to the government regulations any materials used in those spouts must be NON-SPARKING !!! :laughing:

/ Spill-proof, oops, spill-PRONE spouts #19  
recommend a lawsuit against EPA on that one ... I dont understand the delay. :confused2: Dont lawyers use gas cans?
larry

I dont either - whats the holdup on a lawsuit? I am disgusted on new designs. its spills more then old ones
Look, they have changed the design once AGAIN:
Yup, I had one of those, . I changed spout already!
http://www.blitzusa.com/hande/g5.html

It's now easier to work with the safeties on my firearms than it is to use the safeties on my fuel cans. I think something has gone horribly wrong here.
I agree.. sigh :mad:

The rivet I use for locking the sliding spout open MUST BE ALUMINUM and not STEEL, because according to the government regulations any materials used in those spouts must be NON-SPARKING !!! :laughing:
;):laughing:

/ Spill-proof, oops, spill-PRONE spouts #20  
Last night I went over to my step mom's to unbox and set up her new push mower, and along with the new mower she decided to buy a new 5 gallon gas can. She asked if I could figure out how the new "spill-proof" spout worked, I had never seen one before as all my cans use the older type of spout.

Once I figured out how the new type worked, I started laughing because the design is so stupid. How long will those spouts last when you have to press them against the gas tank filler opening the whole time you are fueling? Cheap, flimsy, Mickey Mouse s*** !!!

My solution was to drill a hole in the spout after compressing the spring and then use a long aluminum 1/8" pop rivet to secure the spout so it would stay open, then cut off the plastic tip with the O-ring. Since I obviously did something illegal, feel free to report me to the EPA. :laughing:

Thanks for the solution. My new diesel 5 gal. can has the same type devise. I've been taking it completely off and pouring from the can. The spill proof spout was unusable.