splitter seized up today

/ splitter seized up today #1  

jnmaney

The small yellow plug is the dipstick for the tank that went empty, any idea what we're looking at here ? Engine is a Tecumseh 8 horse.
sep09a1436.jpg

sep09a1435.jpg

/ splitter seized up today #2  
Guessing by pics /words a tear down..depending how much damage cyl. walls,piston,crank...looks like a bad gasket may have cause this.

/ splitter seized up today #3  
The yellow plug is where engine oil can be added.

/ splitter seized up today #4  
The engine is done. That is were the engine oil goes. I would go down to Harbor Freight and buy one of the imported engines to replace it. It will be the cheapest way to go.

Chris

/ splitter seized up today #5  
Welcome to TBN. Yes, like stated, the engine is toast. When you put the new engine on, do yourself a favor. Get that hyd filter off the suction side and put it on the return hose between the valve and the tank.

/ splitter seized up today #6  
Just curious, but how long was it between the time when you last checked the oil level and the time it seized up?

Last edited:
   / splitter seized up today #7  
should you be running a splitter if you don't know what that is?? i think that is a very basic question if you can't answer you prolly should not be running that??? just a thought....

/ splitter seized up today #8  
The engine is done. That is were the engine oil goes. I would go down to Harbor Freight and buy one of the imported engines to replace it. It will be the cheapest way to go.

Chris

this is the tractor forum right?

unbolt the motor and toss it in the scrap pile, then bolt on a couple of 3pt pins screw on some hose extensions with QA fittings and run it off the tractor!