Spotted; CAT CUT

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #21  
I work at CAT in the CAT Electronics business unit and CAT doesn't make any CUT's and never did.
Just another case of re-branding at work. CAT sold
off their Challenger name and the ag tractor division a couple of years ago to AGCO and got out of the ag market altogether. It never was much of a money maker for us. We still make lot's of components and make electronic controls for AGCO though.

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #22  
I can't say for sure but my guess is the Challenger CUT's
have Perkins engines in them. Perkins is a wholly owned
subsidiary of CAT and they were bought in 1998 time
frame.

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #23  
The Challenger CUT's are Iseki through and through and are the exact same as the Massey 1200 series.

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #24  
What do the Masset 1200 series look like? The 33hp Challenger looks like the 1433 Massey to me. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #25  
And both of those look like the AGCO ST series. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #27  
The ST35 I considered buying was almost identical to the MF 1433.

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #28  
The compacts are Iseki and the larger 50hp up are the same as massy except they have cat engines insted of perkings. that i have seen first hand at Southworth Milton in Hopkinton when i piced up some parts

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #29  
A causal walk up would think that they were the exact same tractor. They may look the same but are very different. Everything except the engine is different and part of the sheet metal. The front and rear axles, the transmission, the rear center housing, the platform, the way the hood opens, and the placement of the shifters are all different. All of this is right as far as I know unless AGCO changed things in the last two to three months. That is about how long it has been sense I actually looked at a Challenger.

/ Spotted; CAT CUT #30  
When I was shopping for tractors I compared the ST35 and the MF1433. The specs from the sales brochures gave almost identical displacements, capacities, weights, and dimensions. The shifters and levers were in the same place also. Maybe the smaller AGCO's share a platform with the 1200's.

Here are some specs from their brochures:

1433V Engine 91.4/3 HP 33 PTO HP 26.8 Hydro Pump 7.7 Lift Cap. 2060
FEL Lift 1200 Weight 2744 Trans Shuttle

ST35X 91.4/3 33 27 7.7 2100 1200 2744 shuttle