Spray Foam or Rubber Roof???

/ Spray Foam or Rubber Roof???
Yes I think I will go for the rubber. The spray foam bid came in at $1600 with a 10 year guarantee and the rubber is at $2200 with a 20 year guarantee. I want to put it on and forget it if possible. Wish I had put it on in the first place instead of shingles.

I'm roofing poor this summer. Just got done putting "Ondura" on a 30' X 50' concrete block storage building that had some serious sags in the roof. "Ondura" is great stuff! It will bend to fit the curves in an old roof with sags in it. Cost me $2600 total and the bid for removing the roof and putting up trusses and reshingling was $18,000 so if this lasts it is a bargain.

So far it looks great!

Dr Dan

/ Spray Foam or Rubber Roof??? #12  
Dr Dan,

I agree with everyone else. Go with the rubber. I have a buddy that applies this type of roofing and it is relatively easy to repair if it has been installed correctly. I believe it is basically the same stuff they use for pond liners, I think they call it EPDM. Also, can you give me a little more info on <font color=red> "Ondura" </font color=red> what is it, how long have you had it, and how do you like it? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thanks
SHF

/ Spray Foam or Rubber Roof???
I believe they "tile" all Pizza Huts with Ondura. I got the 4' X 6' sheets and put it right over the old shingles. Being made of a fiber material it has flew and will conform to an out of square sagging roof. Unlike the thin plastic panels this stuff is about 1/4" thich and has about 2 1/2" corrugations. Costs about $12.50 a sheet here in Ohio. Just put it on but investigated several installations that had been on for years. Only thing is you are supposed to paint it about every five years. That's ok with me since I have a spray gun. Comes in an assortment of colors. It really looks great!

Dr Dan

/ Spray Foam or Rubber Roof??? #14  
Dr Dan,

Thanks for the info. Will keep my eye out and pass it along. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

SHF