Sprayer question

/ Sprayer question #21  
A 12v pump would be very expensive for the durability and duty cycle to pump a 100 gallon tank dry, let alone the power requirements to power the pump.
Had a 30 gal sprayer with the 2.6 gal minute pump 3 nozzles and 5 foot coverage went to 60 gal with 12 foot boom with nozzles with a Hypro PTO pump and have not looked back.

At the standard dillution rates and application rates per acre you will fall short of an ideal settup with the limitations of the electric pump and boomless nozzles. I also have not found a boomless sprayer that gives me the quality application that I desire.

There must be a good reason that many of the 60 gallon and larger sprayers made use a roller pump connected to the PTO or a small gas engine.

The small electric pumps do great for spot spraying or doing small to medium yards but that is where they stop.

David Kb7uns

/ Sprayer question
My main reason for preferring 12v over pto driven is ease of use. Much easier to put the sprayer on the atv or truck and go spray, instead of hooking up to the pto. Can anyone comment on ease of hookup to a PTO compared to a bushog or tiller?

/ Sprayer question #23  
My main reason for preferring 12v over pto driven is ease of use. Much easier to put the sprayer on the atv or truck and go spray, instead of hooking up to the pto.

Then why not a gasoline engine powered model?

/ Sprayer question
Mainly because its just another engine to maintain. But it's not out of the running

/ Sprayer question #25  
ray66v said:
Yes.

I am sure there are people who do it, but I would not recommend a 12 volt sprayer for more than an acre.

I disagree. I have a 12v pump running a 275 gallon sprayer I built and it works great. Not all 12 v pumps are equal. Mine is a Delvan Fat Boy. Costs 3 or 4 hundred but is strong. You could get a good pump for $200 up. There are used by professional roof washers for commercial use. I ran over 600 gallons this fall easily and quickly. Don't discount a good 12 v pump just because most 12 v sprayers come with low end pumps.

/ Sprayer question #26  
most 12 v sprayers come with low end pumps.

And that's the junk I was referring to.

I do not know of anyone who makes a sprayer with one of these high end pumps, so I have never seen one. They don't sell anything like that in any of the stores I frequent.

/ Sprayer question #27  
I disagree. I have a 12v pump running a 275 gallon sprayer I built and it works great. Not all 12 v pumps are equal. Mine is a Delvan Fat Boy. Costs 3 or 4 hundred but is strong. You could get a good pump for $200 up. There are used by professional roof washers for commercial use. I ran over 600 gallons this fall easily and quickly. Don't discount a good 12 v pump just because most 12 v sprayers come with low end pumps.
That is just it, the OP want a 100 gallon tank, on a trailer with the appropriate pump for under $1000. I dont think that will happen when $400 of it is in pump and then tank and heavy enough trailer to haul 800 pounds over rough terrain and not break in half. It just aint gonna happen.

/ Sprayer question #28  
That is just it, the OP want a 100 gallon tank, on a trailer with the appropriate pump for under $1000. I dont think that will happen when $400 of it is in pump and then tank and heavy enough trailer to haul 800 pounds over rough terrain and not break in half. It just aint gonna happen.
That's why I upped the ante and just started posting skid monted sprayers..............I couldn't find anything anywhere near his price range unless it could be set on his 3pt.

My thought was that a 7040 just might be able to handle that.:)

/ Sprayer question #29  
Gary Fowler said:

I agree except why use a trailer? I use my 275 gal in my truck (F350). I built it out of a $50 tote, common hoses and connectors, a 12v pump, and a high quality boom less nozzle, for under $600 . Now if he plans to take it where a truck won't go, I agree a 3 point hitch model with a roller pump is the way to go. I wouldn't want to pull a flimsy trailer ( like most 12v systems are built on) over rugged terrain, but my 4 WD truck does just fine. For spraying pastures, food plots, roads, etc, driving around in my truck is way faster and more comfortable than bouncing around on my tractor. But certainly for muddy fields or extremely rugged land, a tractor would be better, but many more $$$$ unless you luck into a used one.

/ Sprayer question #30  
By the way, my pump is a Delavan Fat Boy, 7 gal/ min and costs $200 from powerwash.com. It is a demand pump and can be run dry w/o damage. It's the best 12 v I could find. My boomless jet is a TeeJet and will spray a 30 to 40' swath very evenly. Seems like it cost about $100. I have it rigged to fit into a receiver hitch with the ability to vary the height and angle. I usually block off the outer 2 orifices to reduce the spray pattern to about 22'. I control it with a keychain remote from Fimco or just have a buddy ride in the back working the switch. Eventually I may wire it to one of my in dash up fitter switches. I also plumbed it so I can use a wand also. The basic plumbing is just like the 25 gal cheapo ones , but just bigger and with a better pump and jet.

For more remote areas or tight spots, I use my ATV with a 25 gal Fimco and use the big truck tank to keep it refilled, using the same pump. It was really a very easy build.