sprayer?

/ sprayer? #1  

deuskid

Tractor
LS 4140
I'm going to begin putting in food plots. I have 5 fields between 1 acre to 3 acres. Want to go the no till route.

I have a side by side [RTV 1100] and a couple of tractors [B3200 and LS 4100], both have 3pt hitches.

I need a sprayer and have no experience in what is best? I'm thinking in the 50-100 gallon range.

Is a 3 pt arrangement better than that which sits in the back of a SxS?

What brand of sprayers are good?

What technology to look for?

Any and all advice is welcome

Thanks

/ sprayer? #2  
Northern Tool, they have all sizes and options. Personally I have their 25 gallon boom less sprayer. Just put in my Polaris ranger bed and drive the areas I spray. Cost was $175 a few years ago.

/ sprayer? #3  
That's a decent amount of land to spray. I would get a 3 ph sprayer with a roller pump if it were me.

/ sprayer? #4  
I did like bill9068, I got a 3 pt carryall for my Ford 4000. Strap down the tank and riding mower battery and the boomless broadcast sprayer does a great job for me from Northern Tool

/ sprayer?
That's a decent amount of land to spray. I would get a 3 ph sprayer with a roller pump if it were me.
What is a roller pump?

Thanks

/ sprayer? #7  
I use a fimco 50 gal 3 point sprayer that has 3 fold out spray wands and a hand held spray wand. Been using it for almost 20 years

/ sprayer? #8  
A few years ago, I was on a deer lease and I would spray about 16 acres of food plots twice a year.

My suggestion would be to get at least a 25 gallon tank with a battery powered pump and a "boomless" or "broadcast" nozzle. Put this in the back of your UTV and spray.

I suggest the boomless nozzle instead of a boom sprayer, because in my experience, the food plots would get grown up to about 6' tall, and it's difficult to get that high with a boom sprayer. I had my boomless nozzle mounted about 7' above ground on a removable pipe, on the back of my UTV.

I also suggest this set up because it's easier and faster to get around with a UTV than a tractor. I had a 50 gallon tank in the back of my UTV and I could spray all 16 acres with about 3 or 4 loads. Driving back to the camp to reload would take some time, and it was faster with the UTV than I could do it with a tractor.

I don't spray those food plots any more, but I have another UTV rigged up similar to the one I had back then. The difference now, is that I don't have the 50 gallon tank, but I have a 27 gallon and a 15 gallon tank. I can fill the larger tank and when that one runs out, I pump the smaller tank into the larger tank and can spray a few more acres.

This set up also allows me to carry whatever herbicide I'm using in the back of my UTV in it's original container, and mix when I get to the field. I never use the smaller tank for actual spraying. It always has clean water in it for rinsing out the larger tank out in the field or to add to the larger tank for more spraying.

/ sprayer? #9  
4989E542-19D8-4AA8-BD4E-69CD6D3C8468.jpeg

This is a Northern Tool 26 gallon, it’s designed for the back of a UTV but I put it on a cargo rack mounted on my 3 point. I just got it a couple of weeks ago, it has two broadcast nozzles and a hand sprayer too. It was about $375 on Amazon. I like it but it had some leaks I had to tighten up before using.

/ sprayer? #10  
I just went sold my 3pt sprayer w/ roller pump. It held more water than my 35 gallon diaphragm pump sprayer does which was nice but for me managing 5-10 acres of food plots a year it was just easier for me to use the UTV sprayer. I built my own boom for it. I'm not really a fan of the boomless sprayers as you don't get as good of coverage compared to a boom. I take my diaphragm pumps off and store them in the house over winter.
1620653590294.png