Spreader Spreader from TSC=Satisfied

/ Spreader from TSC=Satisfied #11  
I am seeing a bend or something unusual on the back side of the seeder top. Maybe it just my picture or is this a new design?--Ken Sweet

/ Spreader from TSC=Satisfied
Chris,
Yes this one is the 500lb model. As far as a pattern it basically throws a 180 degree arc and yes the rate is adjustable. There is a chart on the spreader that gives you a pretty good idea of rate per acre at a given mph.

My wife really pitched in again today as she always does. We're clearing a path through some woods so the horses can get to the new pasture and she clears the brush and tree tops as I fell the trees and cut them up. Those locust trees with the huge thorns can really be a pain in the you know what.

Ken, yes the back of the spreader is a little flatter than the rest. I can't really tell if that is the design or a shipping problem. Either way, it works just fine.

Kevin

/ Spreader from TSC=Satisfied #13  
I think it got 'tweaked' in shipping. I have used the same spreader for the past 3 (4 maybe?) seasons to spread clover and milo and the like. I plan to use it for bermuda this year if everything works out right. It gets a little hard to adjust on small grass and legume seed. Works pretty good with peas and soybeans. If you run any fertilizer through it, make SURE you clean it out GOOD. You probably already know this, but nothing is as hard on metal as fertilizer. Especially if you let a lot of ammonia nitrate build up on the thing. I don't run fert through mine at all. I let the local Feed & Seed place do that with their Stainless Bed spreader trucks.
My $.02

/ Spreader from TSC=Satisfied #14  
How do you know how fast you are going to get the correct spread? I have a hydrostatic drive, and no MPH indicator.

/ Spreader from TSC=Satisfied #15  
The co-op told me that travelling 88 ft in 15 seconds is about 4mph. That was for the stuff I put down and it seemed to work well with the way the spreader was adjusted.