Spring/Fall COLOR trees

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #11  
Jerry

<font color=blue>You seem to know quit a bit abought trees</font color=blue>
Seems is sure the right choice of words here.
One of the brightest guy's that ever lived didn't know enough not sit under an apple tree when they are over ripe (Newton)

Ciscoe Morris hosts "Gardening with Cisco" on Sunday mornings on KIRO 710. Cisco is a nice fellow and has always answered my email questions. Tell him your story, add the kind of apples if you know and I'm sure he will help. Put Brussels Sprouts in the subject line on you email, he is a sucker for that one.
http://www.ciscoe.com/

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #12  
Might as well add some fall colors. Oranges and yellows.

Attachments

• 8-28502-colors3.jpg
    8-28502-colors3.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 264
   / Spring/Fall COLOR trees #13  
And some reds too.

Attachments

• 8-28504-colors4.jpg
    8-28504-colors4.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 279
   / Spring/Fall COLOR trees #14  
DFB,
Now thats an old New England apple tree, /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
bet there some good honey bees around.

28 degree and sleeting and going to turn to rain here /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif should make things interesting, /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif so if you should have a picture of purple..pink..white lilac it would help w/ this cabin fever.

Stay safe over there and have a pleasant day.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #15  
DFB,
Do you folks have many Elm trees over there,or did the Dutch Elm infection just about wipe them out as it did over here.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #16  
Thomas, the Elms are pretty much wiped out in both places. Young trees only get so big then die off. The dead tree to the left of the apple tree in the photo (colors2) was an elm tree. Thats interesting stuff about the trees for ship masts. I'm only 10 mi. from the ocean.

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #17  
LH,

I like Red Buds, Maples, Oaks, and DogWoods. When I was clearing the sapling that had grown into my road I flagged all the Red Buds so I would not cut them down. A few are going to have to go, but they will be very pretty when they are blooming this spring. I just hope they can tolerate the full sun since they are an understory tree. So I might lose them but at least I tried. I really like Dogwoods as well and I have lots of them. The loggers ran over to many of them but I still have lots left. They have pretty flowers and the red berries are very pretty in the fall.
I do want to put in some Magnolias. I love the look and smell of that tree.

NC State Universtiy has a jewel of an Arboretium. They have a membership, that I keep forgetting to join, that allows you first pick every spring on shrubs and I think trees. They have some hard to find items. So you might want to see if the local University has such a program.

I'm also partial to Cedar trees which the property has thousands. The snow/ice storm last January reall wiped out a lot of them unfortunately.

Later...
Dan McCarty