Sq Ft measurement for lime and Fertilizer

/ Sq Ft measurement for lime and Fertilizer
The ground has a bit of a slope to it so if I don't get something planted on it quickly, and put hay on it, the dirt will wash down. I'm hoping that the Hydrated lime (which is what Penn State said I needed) will act quickly so I get something started to grow. The acidic dirt currently washes down on the part of the lawn that does grow grass and the acidic dirt then kills the grass, the bare spot grows this way. I would have loved to use the pellitized lime, but it takes too long to take effect, hence the hydrated lime, but the hydrated lime is a pain in the bottom to put on because I cant find a large drop spredder to use, everything has gone to rotary spreaders. Luckily, I found a local guy who has a medium sized drop spreader who will allow me to use his.

/ Sq Ft measurement for lime and Fertilizer #12  
Careful when using hydrated lime. It does bad things to your lungs and eyes. As suggested get some annual rye down to minimize erosion. It germinates fast and is often mixed with perminate grass seed to get things going in a situation like yours. The rye will die off next summer with the side benifit of adding some organics to the soil.

MarkV

/ Sq Ft measurement for lime and Fertilizer
I bought a bag of weed seed today. 29% annual rye grass, 24% fescue, the rest is clover, timothy, and assorted weeds. The Agway guy said this is what they generally use on dirt like I am working on to get some cover on. $104.00 for a bag of weed seed.

/ Sq Ft measurement for lime and Fertilizer #14  
I picked up several prices this AM at the Co-op:
Timothy $1.07/lb
hydrated lime 6.49/50Lb
rock lime 2.29/50lb
buy 12 bags get 1 free.
Out of stock on the Rye
Co-op suggested mixing the lime with rye & use a broadcast spreader.