Square baler knotting issue

/ Square baler knotting issue #11  
Did you ever get this sorted out? My NH269 started doing exactly the same thing late this season... Worked great for the last 2 years, than came on quite suddenly, first one every 50 bales, then one every 20, then every 10 :( Tried bending the wiper arm to wipe a bit harder, but then it started chewing up the twine about 2" past the knot and they would spontaneously break, so i unbent it and got it back to every 20. That was good enough to finish off the field, and I'm done for the year now, but really want to get this dealt with before next year!

Dan

/ Square baler knotting issue #12  
Since my last post I've pulled the plunger and put new bearings. tin shield and hay knifes on the baler. Also new hay dog springs and pins. Any way the first chamber full of hay, for whatever reason I snapped both needles about midway on the needle shank, they had been previously welded. After another needle welding I put everything back together and checked all adjustments and did the whole field without a missed bale tie. Now keep in mind I only got 1-1/4 acres and only got 41 small bales, but that was a best ever, all times, record for me. I've only had the baler for two years. We'll see what happens this next cutting. bjr

/ Square baler knotting issue #13  
bjr
Sounds as if you need to get plungerhead safety stop operating to protect the needles from getting broken.

/ Square baler knotting issue #14  
Your needle protection latch needs adjusted. I've never broken a needle and I run thousands (this year about 5000 small squares) of bales every year. But then this is my regimen

1. I grease the baler every time I use it, especially the knotters and actuator cams.
2. I never wash the baler but I blow it off after every use. End of the season I pressure wash the sheet metal (after blowing it off) and spraydieselsel duel/oil mixture on everything, especially the knotters and park the baler inside the Clear Span, my equipment is never outside, in fact, if Idoinging a field thats not at home, the baler (NH575 High capacity) comes home in the evening and gets put inside, always. I can leave tdiskisg mower out, it's covered, the baler isn't.

I bet your bill hooks have burrs on them, They need to be stoned or fine emery clooccasionallynally because the get a groove worn in the face and the twine hangs in the groove. The wiper that(thet ting that you aren't sure of the name) needs to physically contact the bill hook face to wipe the knot. Just touching, no more. It's malleable so you can bend it but be sure the tail clears the mechanism, I've over adjusted it before and broke the cast finger that tensions the follower ball in the rotary cam. I carry a spare just because of that.

Above all, at the end of season, service it and keep it inside, not out in the weather, not tarped up either.

/ Square baler knotting issue #15  
I have a new pair of needles that I'm going to install tonite and I double check the safety stops and probably all timing adjustments, just can't afford anymore needle breakage. Lately, I've been doing maintenance on the old F150 pickup. First it was water pump and new radiator and then the rubber strut (strut from I-beam to frame) bushings and then the brakes all the way around. When replacing the rear drum brakes I mistakenly put both primary shoes one side and the secondary shoes on the other side. I had to correct that mistake the next morning. It was a real rooky mistake, I know better. You had to hold the shoes up side by side to see the difference. This weekend was all about string trimming the fence lines and was way to late as the weeds were to large and dry to be string trimmed. Finally wound up wacking them down with a shovel. Now, tonite maybe hook up the drum mower and drop the hay crop. bjr