square baler plunger installation (Ford 532)

/ square baler plunger installation (Ford 532) #11  
The shear bolt is intended to disconnect the flywheel rotary energy from the plunger force buildup. I doubt that even a hard shear bolt would be able to contain it. This bolt works by generating friction clamping force between the two shear connections. The bolt itself (if loose) would probably not be able to contain the normal flake compression force.

The driveline clutch is intended to save your tractor's transmission and pto shafts, gears, clutch and bearings. I keep mine pretty loose so even if I suck up a wet wad of hay, the system trips. That includes the flywheel shear bolt.

/ square baler plunger installation (Ford 532)
This baler has the face of the flywheel facing the tractor, and on the front of the hub of the flywheel are a series of bolts and what may be clutch plates? Are these bolts how one adjusts the tension of the drive clutch? I soaked them in Blaster tonight in case I needed to try to move them tomorrow.

I've been studying the real thing outside--and the exploded diagram on the computer--and I just can't figure out what is what with this clutch mechanism.

It sounds like as for my shearbolt theory, from what you say zzvyb6, I should have no worries then. Regardless of what is in there, it shouldn't cause that kind of huge break.

Otherwise, I've got the needles in place and happily entering and exiting the knotters, been through the knotters again to double check them, plunger is plunging, there's hay on the ground, and sun in the forecast....

If this doesn't work, it isn't for lack of trying! Thanks for all the help.

/ square baler plunger installation (Ford 532) #13  
I have a ford 532. When using it last year it would bale a few bales then it would choke up. The flywheel would spin but plunger would not move. Is it my plunger or my knives not cutting the hay.Could anyone help me.

:confused: