Square or round loader bucket?

/ Square or round loader bucket? #11  
Hi Don,

I've used both, and I like a square-ish bucket. In order to be versatile, the bottom of the bucket needs to be deep front-to-back. With loader buckets, wider is not necessarily better. I currently have a round-ish 72" bucket that is so wide I can not see the edges well. I would trade it for a 60" that is deeper front to back, and has a nice flat bottom. The front-to-back depth helps keep the bucket from making speed bumps (gouging) when you skim (skimming loose topsoil for example).

/ Square or round loader bucket? #12  
JHB,

I do not have the cutting edge on the bucket. It won't fit with the toothbar. I'm not concerned about damage to the front with the toothbar mounted. Not much that will fit in between the teeth to damage the area where the cutting edge goes.

Bolting through the side is OK. The toothbars are designed to hold onto both sides of the cutting edge. The 2 bolts just keep it tight, and make it easy to remove. I'd rather take 2 bolts off in the field than 8 or 10.

The hooks were painted after welding them on. The bucket was brand new and why it looks so nice. I took the pic at the dealer once it was assembled.

I doesn't look very clean any more. I've been moving big rocks, and stone around to control some drainage problems.

Have Blue, I think he was asking about the 2 buckets Kubota offers. There are structural upgrades with the "round" bucket. If you look at my pic you can see it is actually square at the rear. It has a curved inner back which I guess is why they call it the "round" bucket. They claim it is easier to fill while scooping due to the matterial rolloing over on top of itself, in stead of piling up in the back.

Hope all the posts help with your decision on your new bucket. Please let us know what you bought............J /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Square or round loader bucket? #13  
Good question, Don. I went thru this when getting a L4330 and nobody seemed to really know the structural differences. Most people reasoned that for price difference, it seems like cheap insurance to go with the heavy one. I ended up with the regular duty bucket with the quick attach system. The QA plate really reinforces the top half of the regular duty bucket. I'm guessing it would take some serious abuse to damage any part of mine. But if I want all those holes along the edge, I'll have to drill my own.

John

/ Square or round loader bucket? #14  
I was just showing my ignorance about Kubota. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Square or round loader bucket? #15  
I prefer the square back buckets. They are much easier to clean mud out of with a square shovel. Of course if the square back bucket is a light duty model then I would get the heavier round back version and make due. If you don't play with mud you don't have to worry about cleaning the bucket anyway.

/ Square or round loader bucket? #16  
Have Blue , No criticism intended. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Everyone just trying to help a fellow TBN guy out!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ..........J