Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #11  
A buck wrote off the 2012 Terrain last Saturday while the Daughter was driving. It was the newest vehicle in the fleet we were expecting to replace one of the older vehicles instead . Looks like my new 4x4 loader tractor has been delayed another year.
Didn't you have insurance?

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #12  
My sister just met her first deer , it tried to mate with a ford explorer .

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #13  
I'm not sure yours is a great example but... in terms of what we would call 'intelligence' the rodent will WAY out smart the deer (and my mother-in-law btw).

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #15  
I see more "smear of deer" than "whirl of squirrel".

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #16  
We used to call that smudge in the road a SSD, "Stupid Squirrel Decision". I think the chicken crossed the road to show the squirrels, deer and possums it was possible.

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #17  
You all want to see what my '01 Freightliner with a steel front bumper and a five axle trailer will do to a deer. It aint pretty, I can tell you.

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #18  
Every vehicle we ever owned including my motorbike (except the tractor) had collision with a deer and quite few closed calls. They are waiting for you in the ditch and jump on the road when you drive around. I slow down at night and look for their eyes in the ditch. That is only thing visible. If I see two yellow dots I hit the brakes.
Speaking about roos. They are just about stupid as the deer. I had several close calls and one time wallaby jumped on my car from side and ripped off the rear view mirror. I hit one small roo at about 120 kph and bent ARB bumper about 2 cm on my rental. It cost me 600 AUD insurance deductible because the rental company claimed that it can't be straightened and has to be replaced due to air bag sensors installed in it.

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #19  
I have 200 Watts of spot lights 100W each mounted at the bottom of my windshield and aimed at the ditches just for the moose and deer. I have a Jeep TJ.
The spots on the Freightliner are on top of the mirror brackets. I know they are illegal, the cops know they are illegal as does the DOT, but nothing is said unless you go around blinding people with them.

/ Squirrels vs Deer -- road warrior smarts #20  
My dog was almost taken out by a deer. The road had been cut out of a hill side. The deer jumped across the road from the high side and over the dog clearing by about 12 inches.