stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #11  
I have starting using PRI and find it much better...With Stabil after 1 year about 1/2 to 3/4 gallon is gone when stored in five gallon plastic jugs...Friend that does pipeline work says the gas breaks down and the molecules go right thru the plastic....It is much less with the PRI...I'm buying old propane cyls and remove the fill valve..put in 4 gallon of gas and PRI and cap with a 3/4" black iron plug sealed with Loctite 510...After 1 years there has been no loss...Max vapor pressure seems to be only 17 lbs.. I burn the gas after 2 years and put in fresh stuff.....I know, lots to do, but it keeps me out of bars....

I have done larger propane tank and have put an Atmosphere of N2 on top.... these are stored at a max temp of 90 degrees...

Look here:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/157508-storing-gas-propane-tank-4.html

These are stored in a shipping container buried back in a hill...Might come in handy some day....Charlie

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #12  
I use both Star Tron and marine Stabil in my boat. I filled it up (25 gal) in the spring of 2010 and the boat sat all summer due to a family medical issue. I changed the fuel/water filter at the beginning of the 2011 season and ran it all summer on the same tank of gas, no issues at all. At the end of last fall I had less than 1/4 tank of gas and let it sit all winter. This past spring the outboard fired up and ran with no problems at all.

ALL of my gas engines get a combination of marine Stabil and Star Tron now.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #13  
Started using Star Tron this spring, noticed big difference in starting in mowers,trimmers, and chainsaws. All 2 stroke and 4 stroke air cooled engines get a shot of Star Tron. 2 stroke gets it added when I make up a gallon of gas-oil mix.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #14  
Nothing better than Stabil Marine. It comes in 10oz containers and will treat 80 gallons of fuel for $7. I maintain nearly 75 pieces of equipment, mainly boats, and mainly gas and its the only thing I have found to work.

Chris

I agree. I buy the 32oz Marine for $21 to my door. I use in all but diesel and no issues to date. I used to use red stabil but I like the more cleaning etc from the marine. Well worth it.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #15  
Storing with a full tank of fuel will prevent condensation of water inside the tank which caused rust. Ethenol gas will absorb a little moisture but the ethenol quickly evaporates, releasing its water content while at the same time playing havoc with many ruber products in fuel systems. If you store something with little fuel in it, you run the risk of all of the fuel evaporating and forming a gummy residue, the biggest problem with carbs when you try to start the engines in the spring. I use non-ethanol gas, a little stabil and try to leave it with a full tank of fuel. Haven't had any problems doing this. I do try to start the engines at least once a month and run them long enough to reach full operating temp.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #16  
Storing with a full tank of fuel will prevent condensation of water inside the tank which caused rust. Ethenol gas will absorb a little moisture but the ethenol quickly evaporates, releasing its water content while at the same time playing havoc with many ruber products in fuel systems. If you store something with little fuel in it, you run the risk of all of the fuel evaporating and forming a gummy residue, the biggest problem with carbs when you try to start the engines in the spring. I use non-ethanol gas, a little stabil and try to leave it with a full tank of fuel. Haven't had any problems doing this. I do try to start the engines at least once a month and run them long enough to reach full operating temp.

I wish we could get real gas. By law here for 3 years now all fuel must be 10% ethanol and diesel must be 5% bio.

I agree with you on the full tanks. I fill everything. Even my 180 gallon boat tank gets filled before layup.

Chris

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #17  
I treat all my 5 gallon gas cans with K100 MG every time they're filled. That takes care of all the small engines. I also treat the gas for a Mustang GT and 2 Harleys with it before winter storage. Never any issues with anything to date.
The diesel for a '97 Ford and a 2008 Bobcat always get Power Service. Again, no seasonal issues to date.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #18  
Chris, here in Arkansas and Oklahoma, the trend seems to be more stations carrying pure gas and advertising "NO Ethanol". Some of them charge about 15 cents a gallon more but one Elon (Fina) station I buy at charges the same as the Ethanol blends. I try to burn pure gas in my VW MV and it seems to get about 2 to 3 MPG better mileage on the pure stuff. Also, many older cars seem to have more fuel problems using Ethanol blends. My son works on an AF base maintaining a large fleet of 'imported mini-vehicles and says they are always having to replace or repair the carbs. He won't put ethanol blends into any of his personal vehicles.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #19  
Chris, here in Arkansas and Oklahoma, the trend seems to be more stations carrying pure gas and advertising "NO Ethanol". Some of them charge about 15 cents a gallon more but one Elon (Fina) station I buy at charges the same as the Ethanol blends. I try to burn pure gas in my VW MV and it seems to get about 2 to 3 MPG better mileage on the pure stuff. Also, many older cars seem to have more fuel problems using Ethanol blends. My son works on an AF base maintaining a large fleet of 'imported mini-vehicles and says they are always having to replace or repair the carbs. He won't put ethanol blends into any of his personal vehicles.

The last time I checked, the nearest place I can even get gas without ethanol is 40 miles. But last Tuesday, we went up I-35 about 50 miles into Oklahoma and out west of Ardmore about 20 miles on U.S. 70 and I noticed several signs at stations for "No Ethanol" gas.

Knock on wood, but so far I've had no problems that could be attributed to the ethanol in my gas, except maybe less gas mileage.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #20  

The last time I checked, the nearest place I can even get gas without ethanol is 40 miles. But last Tuesday, we went up I-35 about 50 miles into Oklahoma and out west of Ardmore about 20 miles on U.S. 70 and I noticed several signs at stations for "No Ethanol" gas.

Knock on wood, but so far I've had no problems that could be attributed to the ethanol in my gas, except maybe less gas mileage.