Stabilizer mounting brackets on my IH 684

/ Stabilizer mounting brackets on my IH 684 #1  

rlneal

Tractor
IH 684
I have an IH 684 and the 3 pt hitch stabilizer mounting bracket bolts broke off. The brackets are mounted on the axle, one each side of the tractor. One had previously broken off so I have just been using the one. Probably why this one broke off. My neighbor got the old bolts out by drilling and then using an easy-out. But, my question is, what are the bolts (2 bolts each bracket) that should be in there? This tractor is made in England and I have noticed that most bolts are SAE but I think I have come across a few that are metric. And if they are SAE, are they standard coarse thread or fine thread?
I found a bolt that is the correct diameter but it only goes in a couple threads turning it by hand. Maybe could have measured what he took out but that would be no guarantee that it was correct.

In the picture the bracket is lying on the ground. I called the local Case-IH dealer and he could not find anything about what I was describing. I am wondering if it is an after market add-on. Does anyone else have an IH684 that has this? If not, what do you use to keep 3 pt hitch attachments swaying?

Attachments

• IH 684 rear view.jpg
    IH 684 rear view.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
   / Stabilizer mounting brackets on my IH 684 #2  
5/8 unc by 11/4