3-Point Hitch Stabilizer question

/ Stabilizer question #1  

TVZ

Tractor
MF 1726E
Here's the left part of the hitch on my MF 1700E.

IMG_0542.JPG

As you can see, the stabilizer (seen near the bottom of the photo) has a nut that you tighten against the barrel of the stabilizer to keep it from vibrating out of adjustment. It seems to me that it would be a lot easier to access and turn with a wrench if it was on the other end, away from the tractor. Is there any reason it is this way instead? Or any reason I should not move it to there?

/ Stabilizer question #2  
Here's the left part of the hitch on my MF 1700E.

View attachment 666087

As you can see, the stabilizer (seen near the bottom of the photo) has a nut that you tighten against the barrel of the stabilizer to keep it from vibrating out of adjustment. It seems to me that it would be a lot easier to access and turn with a wrench if it was on the other end, away from the tractor. Is there any reason it is this way instead? Or any reason I should not move it to there?

I bet you won稚 be able to swap that around because one end is regular thread and the other end is left hand thread. And the one end is captured by the eye-bolt thru the hitch arm.
You can probably source a left hand nut in that size, install it on the outer end and remove or just back off the current lock nut.

/ Stabilizer question #3  
I bet you won稚 be able to swap that around because one end is regular thread and the other end is left hand thread. And the one end is captured by the eye-bolt thru the hitch arm.
You can probably source a left hand nut in that size, install it on the outer end and remove or just back off the current lock nut.

Have to agree....

Dale