Stack valve regen

/ Stack valve regen #1  

gdane4x4

Tractor
89 jd 950
Ok so my heads hurts from 4 days of searching for an answer so will just ask our many knowledgeable members here. Starting to get a good handle on all the different stack valves available and pretty much know what I need other than one thing. Basically running typical setup on 89 jd 950. I am replacing original 2 lever valves(not in good shape) and wanting to create a custom set of stack valves so I can add even more at later date if the need arises. My main issue is trying to figure out if there is a stackable valve for fourth position regen for quick dump on tip for bucket. Have all prince part numbers for a 6 stack spool combination and all hardware just not sure about this one control. Basic layout will be as follows. First and Second valves will be for fel with joystick kit added. Number one will be 4 position detent float for up and down and number two is the problem child fourth position detent regen for curl and tilt with quick dump. Third and fourth valves will be spring return centers for rear hydraulics with one of the two having detent for locked flow. Fifth valve will be standard spring center for hyd top link and last but not least a Sixth valve that is both manual and 12v dc solenoid for 3rd function on grapple out front. Obviously these will all be open center with power beyond on end to continue to 3 pt. Have read every pdf on prince and have everything written down ready to go except for finding out how to do regen on number 2 or if it is even possible on stack valves that are combined. I have found the mono 6 spool valve that is offered that has 2 joysticks and 2 standard levers in center and has the float and regen on first joystick for fel but it is not a stack setup where I can add more later with having another seperate set. Also not big on having a second joystick due to space confinement already. I apprecaite all and any info on this subject and have tried digging up all info I can but seem to just miss something to get this accomplished. Seen where some refer to a regen circut as a anti cav and know that prince offers that as a relief option but still in the dark on it. THANKS IN ADVANCE for your time and consideration.

/ Stack valve regen #2  
   / Stack valve regen #3  
There is no detent up float.

The float mechanism is on the bottom of the spool for a single detent float.

I don't believe Prince makes a regen for their stacked valves, and regen is not really necessary.

The stacked valve does have a PB end plate for $39.

/ Stack valve regen #4  
Ok so my heads hurts from 4 days of searching for an answer so will just ask our many knowledgeable members here. Starting to get a good handle on all the different stack valves available and pretty much know what I need other than one thing. Basically running typical setup on 89 jd 950. I am replacing original 2 lever valves(not in good shape) and wanting to create a custom set of stack valves so I can add even more at later date if the need arises. My main issue is trying to figure out if there is a stackable valve for fourth position regen for quick dump on tip for bucket. Have all prince part numbers for a 6 stack spool combination and all hardware just not sure about this one control. Basic layout will be as follows. First and Second valves will be for fel with joystick kit added. Number one will be 4 position detent float for up and down and number two is the problem child fourth position detent regen for curl and tilt with quick dump. Third and fourth valves will be spring return centers for rear hydraulics with one of the two having detent for locked flow. Fifth valve will be standard spring center for hyd top link and last but not least a Sixth valve that is both manual and 12v dc solenoid for 3rd function on grapple out front. Obviously these will all be open center with power beyond on end to continue to 3 pt. Have read every pdf on prince and have everything written down ready to go except for finding out how to do regen on number 2 or if it is even possible on stack valves that are combined. I have found the mono 6 spool valve that is offered that has 2 joysticks and 2 standard levers in center and has the float and regen on first joystick for fel but it is not a stack setup where I can add more later with having another seperate set. Also not big on having a second joystick due to space confinement already. I apprecaite all and any info on this subject and have tried digging up all info I can but seem to just miss something to get this accomplished. Seen where some refer to a regen circut as a anti cav and know that prince offers that as a relief option but still in the dark on it. THANKS IN ADVANCE for your time and consideration.

I'm really :confused2:. You want the #6 valve to be both electric and manually actuated? :confused3: If you can do that with Prince, go for it. :thumbsup:

Oh, you might want to think about having the float function for the 2 "TnT" valves also. Several situations where it is nice to have the float function available for those cylinders. ;)

/ Stack valve regen #8  
Regen is in the valve.

During regen, the tank flow from cyl is closed off, providing all cyl flow to the base end.

/ Stack valve regen #9  
I'm sorry.. the regen can be on the spool but there are several problems that come with it.. the remote style valves solve them and gives the system regen all the time with full power when needed and no need to move the control valve spool during operation .

/ Stack valve regen #10  
the regen circuit valving is either made on the cylinder or it is plumbed close to the cylinder.

I'm sorry.. the regen can be on the spool but there are several problems that come with it.. the remote style valves solve them and gives the system regen all the time with full power when needed and no need to move the control valve spool during operation .

Your hydraulic knowledge must be vastly superior to mine, you still have me very :confused2:

I bet I'm not the only one either...