Started my search for a tractor today.

/ Started my search for a tractor today. #1  

atsah

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3025E
I was thinking of selling my GC before I move to FL.

I had some extra time today so I wandered down to the JD, Kubota Dealer (they sell both) today, huge dealer, tractors everywhere.. I looked things over and from what I see of the new SCUT's, I will be staying with MF.. I was comparing my Massey GC to the BX and 1 series, I haven't looked at tractors since 2014 and was pretty surprised, IMO JD dropped the ball on the 1 series, The plastic, the fit and finish, small deck and the rear fender is completely open and looks like it's missing something, The "R" basically means two lights on the fenders and a tilt wheel, that's all I saw different from the 1023E, I liked the paint and that's it..

I moved on to the 2025R, Big tractor for 24.7hp, BUT 17.2hp at the PTO?? are you kidding me, two range hydro still, my GC has 18.7 at the PTO.. Over 18K with the same loader that's on the 1 series.. I gave up looking at green, I was hoping to buy green again but it ain't happening.. It's no wonder Kubota has the market share 40HP and under..

The BX was better that's sure but they just aren't for me, I'm not comfortable on them for some reason.

I'll sell my 1705 and buy a 1720 in FL, unless they refresh the 1526 which I doubt, the grill and lights need a makeover, maybe a GC style hood would do the trick, three range and auto throttle I like. I will have more use for the backhoe there, the clay here is like cement.. My sister has a 3038 down there so between the two, our bases will be covered. That's my take on today's adventure. I'm glad I went because now I know what to do in the spring.. I guess you don't what you have until you look elsewhere..

/ Started my search for a tractor today. #2  
I was thinking of selling my GC before I move to FL.

I had some extra time today so I wandered down to the JD, Kubota Dealer (they sell both) today, huge dealer, tractors everywhere.. I looked things over and from what I see of the new SCUT's, I will be staying with MF.. I was comparing my Massey GC to the BX and 1 series, I haven't looked at tractors since 2014 and was pretty surprised, IMO JD dropped the ball on the 1 series, The plastic, the fit and finish, small deck and the rear fender is completely open and looks like it's missing something, The "R" basically means two lights on the fenders and a tilt wheel, that's all I saw different from the 1023E, I liked the paint and that's it..

I moved on to the 2025R, Big tractor for 24.7hp, BUT 17.2hp at the PTO?? are you kidding me, two range hydro still, my GC has 18.7 at the PTO.. Over 18K with the same loader that's on the 1 series.. I gave up looking at green, I was hoping to buy green again but it ain't happening.. It's no wonder Kubota has the market share 40HP and under..

The BX was better that's sure but they just aren't for me, I'm not comfortable on them for some reason.

I'll sell my 1705 and buy a 1720 in FL, unless they refresh the 1526 which I doubt, the grill and lights need a makeover, maybe a GC style hood would do the trick, three range and auto throttle I like. I will have more use for the backhoe there, the clay here is like cement.. My sister has a 3038 down there so between the two, our bases will be covered. That's my take on today's adventure. I'm glad I went because now I know what to do in the spring.. I guess you don't what you have until you look elsewhere..
It's good to start looking before you are ready to buy. I was looking at the Massey 1532 last fall for about a grand less than the 3301, but thedeal breaker was when I found that using my 3PH backhoe would void the warrantee. I can understand if I broke the tractor using it, but the way it was worded they could refuse to cover anything which might go wrong.