Started rebuilding my shop!

/ Started rebuilding my shop!
Re: Shop rebuild end of week 1

Slow down heck! It's cold out there! Gotta generate some body heat! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Once I get the outside done and some insulation inside, I can light the woodstove and slow down a bit. If I play my cards right, I might be able to play out there (um, I mean work) the rest of the winter without the wife assigning me busy work!

Pete

Shop Rebuild Day 8

Minus 22 degrees this morning, warming to a balmy minus 9 by lunchtime. Even standing so close by the burn pile my gloves started smoking I couldn't get those fingers to work! So I decided to work inside the shell. Got most of the ceiling insulated, the wiring for the overhead lights and ceiling fan in place, and most importantly -- got the woodstove set up and generating some heat! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomorrow: more dump runs and a start on wiring the shop. Looks like next Monday we'll have a heat wave (low to mid twenties), so till then I'll find things to do inside! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Pete

Attachments

• 359931-InsulationJan8.JPG
    359931-InsulationJan8.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 207
   / Started rebuilding my shop! #33  
Re: Shop Rebuild Day 8

Hold on Pete....end of next week looks just as cold /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #34  

Hi Pete,

Are you using a ridge beam to keep the eave walls from spreading, or how are you stabilizing the roof?

Did you provide proper vents at the eaves with a ridge vent at the peak?

Is there also a 2" air space between the top of the insulation and the bottom of the sheathing for air flow?

Just wondering before everything was buttoned up.

Good luck with your project.

Yooper Dave

Yes, yes, and yes. I used a continuous soffit vent, and will be installing a ridge vent as well...once the daytime temp hits at least zero!

Pete

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #36  

You be a bear for self flagellation Pete.

Egon

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #37  

Sounds like your moving right along Pete. This cold will slow down your outside work. Lucky you have a nice wood stove in your shop. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifI have to fire brick my evaporator tomorrow. Even inside the sugar house it will be chilly. I'll have to get that kerosene heater up to max heat quickly. It's built pretty well and in a couple of hours I can have it up to 30-40 degrees. A good work temp for cutting fire bricks.
When I get finished and start boiling I'll call your wife and invite her down to see the operation. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just in case you need another project anytime soon. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Take care and stay warm!!!!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When I get finished and start boiling I'll call your wife and invite her down to see the operation. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just in case you need another project anytime soon. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Take care and stay warm!!!! )</font>

What a pal! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Just don't let her stay inside and come back thinking sugaring is a warm and cozy pastime!

Pete

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #39  
A lot of work ahead of you!