Starter problem YM 2000D

/ Starter problem YM 2000D
Late update on the starter.

I opted to find a new one as the prices didn't seem too out of line and found one on Amazon (not OSGR) which had both the old model number (from the Hoye site) and the number on the actual starter listed as compatible. {Insert laughter here.}

It arrived and my neighbor was going to come down and put it in for me (I'm a little old lady and it would have taken me a while... and first timer, so slow) while I was out of town for several days. I looked at it and muttered "It doesn't look right -- too big?" Sure enough. He came by while I was gone and the word I got back was "It doesn't fit."

Back it went (bless Amazon) with no restock or even shipping, as I pointed out in their description they said it was a match. Twarnt.

NAPA sends theirs out to some place an hour away for a 2 week RT. One of the other rebuild places was gone, so finally took it into Asheville where the guy replaced the solenoid and bushings. We left the brushes as they had been minimally worn. Soon after neighbor popped it back on for me before I could even get down there . . . . So I was back in business.

Of course the rebuild guy was like "Did you try and restart it after you disconnected it and hooked it back up?" Me: "No." Him: "It might have worked." :-D