Starting a new home

/ Starting a new home #1  

sr160009

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 231s
Hello all,

I came across this site a few weeks ago and I am hooked, this is a great site. I am in the begining process of building a house. My wife and I just closed on the construction load last week ( a pain in the @%^). In the next 2 weeks or so my contractor will begin the construction, but I just wanted to share the project with Ya'll. Here is a few pic's I have right now.

Attachments

• driveway view from shop.JPG
    driveway view from shop.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 1,254
  • home pad.JPG
    home pad.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 946
  • front yard.JPG
    front yard.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 711
  • home site from road3.JPG
    home site from road3.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 727
  • Home site from shop.JPG
    Home site from shop.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 641
  • pond view fromback of home.JPG
    pond view fromback of home.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 887
  • shop from road2.JPG
    shop from road2.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 742
  • tractor.JPG
    tractor.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 1,064
   / Starting a new home #2  
Welcome to TBN!! You sure know how to make your first post a winner. We all love pics here and a big project like building a home is always much appreciated!!!!!!!

How about a little info on the land? Is the pond yours? how big and what's in it? Do you have a dock on it?

Eddie

/ Starting a new home
Thanks,

The land has been in the family for years, I have had it for about 3 years now. I have 12 acres with a 40'x40' shop. Pond is also mine, it is a spring feed pond that is about .9 acres, it was built by my dad about 12 years ago. It is stocked with Florida Bass, catfish and Hyb Bluegill. I want to restock it with some Coppernose bluegill at some point, at the time it was stocked I don't believe they knew what they were doing. It does have a dock, but it is kinda old and it is on the other side of the pond (i don't think i have a pic of the pond which you can see it). I really want to expand it at some point also but it may have to wait a while.

The house we are building is going to be 2900 sqft with a 950 sqft porch around it (total 3850 sqft under roof) with a detached 2 1/2 car garge. It will have a rock/stuco exterior.

/ Starting a new home
here is a arial photo of the land. This photo may be 10 years old, but this is the lay out of my property

Attachments

• area view.jpg
    area view.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 959
   / Starting a new home
I made a trip to the place today so far nothing has been done. No contractor yet, I spoke to him today, he said it may be anouther 2 weeks. But looks like my grass I planted about a month ago is startin to take shape. Hopefully it get thick enough before I loose to much soil.

Attachments

• DSC00426.JPG
    DSC00426.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 690
  • DSC00427.JPG
    DSC00427.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC00428.JPG
    DSC00428.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 554
   / Starting a new home
I made another trip to my place today and spoke to my contractor. He will be starting next week, he told me he would have already started this week but he got rained out. We received about 2 inches of rain on Tuesday, so everything is still muddy.

I hope I am not posting too much here without even really started yet, but I am so dang excited about getting this house built:)

He did drop off the first load of matierals this week, it really doesn't look like much but he told me he has all of the form for the foundation at anouther site right now.

This is all right now hopefully I can have some better pic's next week when the construction starts.

Attachments

• DSC00439.JPG
    DSC00439.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 690
   / Starting a new home #7  
Looks like it's going to be a nice place to live.Is Texas unbearably hot?.Sure is pretty country but I'm leary of the heat.
Keep posting pictures.....we love e'm.:)

/ Starting a new home
bones1 said:
Looks like it's going to be a nice place to live.Is Texas unbearably hot?.Sure is pretty country but I'm leary of the heat.
Keep posting pictures.....we love e'm.:)

It is pretty hot July through the middle of September, but the rest of the year it is very comfortable. Not like the winter up north, I could not live with the snow up there. So It is just what you perfer I guess.

I am really excited about this place, right now I live in the Dallas area and HATE the city. I will be where I belong.....IN THE COUNTRY.....

/ Starting a new home #9  
Looks like fun.

Is your bank making you spray the ground for termites before pouring the slab? Lots of people don't bother when building for themselves, but for spec homes, it's a pretty big deal.

How big is the pad going to be?

Eddie

/ Starting a new home #10  
sr160009 said:
I am really excited about this place, right now I live in the Dallas area and HATE the city. I will be where I belong.....IN THE COUNTRY.....

I remember when Frisco was just a little quiet county town. They say that Dallas will one day extend all the way to the Red River. I hope Collinsville doesn't turn into just another Dallas suburb.:p Right now, that is very pretty country. Also, right on up north across the Red River in Oklahoma is beautiful rolling hills and green, green, green. My brother lives right up the road from you in Whitesboro. Your building site looks very nice. I'm looking forward to watching your progress. AlanL is finishing up his house just as you are starting.