Starting Diesels for short periods of time

/ Starting Diesels for short periods of time #51  
Yeah UPS has been milking the "less pollution" card with the epa and greenies for every bit they can get out of it.

"Greenies" you say. Yeah, UPS is real dumb, seeking positive press for making ENVIROMENTALLY-POSITIVE, and cost-saving changes, for cleaner air and water, for our kids, and everyone else. Crazy, huh?

The fact is, in my county, it is ILLEGAL for a commercial vehicle to idle, for more than 5 minutes. (And I know, from personal experience--being a *cough* "Greenie"--that at least one library book truck delivery guy is now painfully aware of this law, too). I'd guesstimate it's been a law for approx. 5 years, and I'd be surprised if many other counties, in many other states, don't have similar laws.

Tests have allegedly shown significant improvements in the Nation's air and water quality, since that "Greenie," Richard Nixon, created the EPA and with it, the Clean Air and Water Acts of 1970.

If you were UPS, and you had to do the right thing and 1) lessen air (and water) pollution (because the exhaust makes acid rain that kills the lakes the non-"Greenies" like to fish at) and 2) save gas/diesel, why not publicize it and get some good will, from those who want to patronize companies that are environmentally responsible? (FYI: I hunt and fish too).

Oh, right. Because someone might accuse you of "milking it."

Thank you for making me aware of UPS's environmental conscientiousness. I'll be sure to patronize UPS whenever I have a choice of shippers.

Last edited: