Starting my Iseki TX2140

/ Starting my Iseki TX2140 #11  
I just got a tx 1500 which is the mitsu KE75 eng. the thing does not like to start. it took 20 min yesterday in 50 F weather and it was in the shop. Any ideas any 1?

/ Starting my Iseki TX2140 #12  
Hi,
Welcome to the group! I have to use my glow plugs for the first start even in weather at that temp until the indicator glows red. I could be a number of things. Have you bled the fuel system lately? Below is the link to the manual for your tractor, and there are instructions in it on the order of bleeding it. How does it run after it starts? Also, is the fuel in the tractor what came with it? Is there possibly water in the fuel, or is it bad gas? You might need to drain the tank, and put fresh fuel in. We should be able to help you get it running, there are a lot of good people on here with a ton of knowledge about your tractor!

http://sonnys_bolens.tripod.com/iseki/TX1300-1500-OM.pdf

/ Starting my Iseki TX2140 #13  
Virtually all older diesels need a starting aid even in warm weather with a "cold" block. Check to make sure those are working and that you're pre-heating for at least 20 seconds. Avoid using ether to start the engine. Next, check your compression pressure if you can. If it's down around 350 or less then you'll need to investigate rings and piston clearances.

/ Starting my Iseki TX2140 #14  
I did a double take and looked at my K3A Mitsubishi and now know what is wrong with your KE75. It is missing a cylinder. Just joking. Those KE70/75 sure are cool looking engines. I like the looks of the valve cover.

/ Starting my Iseki TX2140 #15  
my grandfather has a G154 but since his passing it sits alot it seems just as hard to start. We just rebuilt the engine in mine and its got maybe an hr on it lol. It does have the uph though. Personally I think it has more umph than my dad's bx24 kuboky lol:cool2:

/ Starting my Iseki TX2140 #16  
They do have a lot of umph. Only my flail mower seems to big my G154 down. My K3A starts in an instant, like a car.

Last edited:
   / Starting my Iseki TX2140 #17  
I posted a little while back about fixing a loose injector adapter problem that manifested by the engine not starting. I thought my G154 (TX2140F) started fine before the problem came up, I had no worries when I went to start it. Cranked for about 3 seconds and fired up. But now,,,, Wow!! If it cranks for 1 second I would be surprised. I am guessing the adapter was loose all along since I obtained the little tractor (@500 hrs) and the adapter loosened up over time, or the O-ring inside shrunk a little. It sure is a nice garden tractor.

Last edited:
   / Starting my Iseki TX2140 #18  
hi, all diesels need heat to start from cold first thing in the morning
that is why they come with a cold start heater plug from new, as they get older this
applies more so, using the heater cold start also prolongs the starter an battery.after first
start up they should start up without heat ,:) regards turf cutter

/ Starting my Iseki TX2140 #19  
They do have a lot of umph. Only my flail mower seems to big my G154 down. My K3A starts in an instant, like a car.

I have a TM217, E3100 engine .. needs glow plugs from cold but starts right up. This thing is rated at 17hp but I'm sure it has more umph than a BX2360, the power steering and HST on the BX is nice tho :)

/ Starting my Iseki TX2140 #20  
that is true but the seat leaves alot to be desired n the thing feels like a toy lol