Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,871  
Wow this thread is off the tracks. There is a few more articles about EA. Looks like Farm Equipment a dealer industry magazine mentions Everything Attachments in the below article. Apparently Leon manufacturing might be in bad shape too.

There are some updates in the Hickory record but they are behind a paywall so I cannot access them.
I was VERY nervous when I bought my land plane online. Perhaps it is because I am an old man, perhaps because of things like what this thread is "about".

Really sucks for those that have paid and not gotten their stuff and can't get their money back. That would make me see red.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,872  
Makes a person only want to buy an existing home rather than new construction ....
I thought about building several times even having zoned land lined up but not for the faint of heart.

It can take years for approval and the sunk costs can be 200k by the time permit in hand and the the fees are good for 1 year with part of the off limits to soul disturbing so the grading and foundation better be on schedule or sit out a year.

Vacant land comes with a new annual 6k vacant parcel tax...

If there is a tree or two to remove good luck...

I have added on and extensively remodeled... much less risk.

Sold some average to a developer that was well versed and successful...

He couldn't pull it off... charter buses to the hearings for 18 homes on 32 acres...

Locals thought it was all city parkland or open space as on 3 sides it was... favorite of dog walkers too.

He spent hundreds of thousands on costs not including land.

In the end he gave up and sold to the park... even being all zoned residential.

In the end the price sold to the park almost covered his out of pocket but he had 7 years of his time seeking permits that never came...

With EA it looks like all the heavy lifting was done and project coasting to completion...

Typical C/O delays are less than 2% of project cost so 98% or better complete so most builders suck it up... occupancy can often begin with a commitment to complete or bond.

Final landscaping often delays C/O and delayed by the season as in not planting with 3' of snow on the ground...

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,873  
If there is no longer a customer base to earn profits to pay back the loan, the question is no longer just getting the building completed, IMPO.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,874  
I thought about building several times even having zoned land lined up but not for the faint of heart.

It can take years for approval and the sunk costs can be 200k by the time permit in hand and the the fees are good for 1 year with part of the off limits to soul disturbing so the grading and foundation better be on schedule or sit out a year.

He couldn't pull it off... charter buses to the hearings for 18 homes on 32 acres...

Locals thought it was all city parkland or open space as on 3 sides it was... favorite of dog walkers too.

In the end the price sold to the park almost covered his out of pocket but he had 7 years of his time seeking permits that never came...

With EA it looks like all the heavy lifting was done and project coasting to completion...

Typical C/O delays are less than 2% of project cost so 98% or better complete so most builders suck it up... occupancy can often begin with a commitment to complete or bond.

Final landscaping often delays C/O and delayed by the season as in not planting with 3' of snow on the ground...

What a world we live in.

The only thing worse than people is more people.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,875  
Thought this thread was put to bed but since it is still alive and kicking I was wondering what people that have bought EA implements are going/doing for replacement parts? I would assume any warranty issues are no longer valid.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,876  
Thought this thread was put to bed but since it is still alive and kicking I was wondering what people that have bought EA implements are going/doing for replacement parts? I would assume any warranty issues are no longer valid.
We're TBN'ers... We'd make parts if really needed. Other things like cutting edges and bucket teeth tips are off the shelf parts from multiple manufacturers.

And yeah the warranty is the tail light warranty. "Valid until you can no longer see my taillights as I drive away"

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,877  
Lifetime warranty.
Of the purchaser or manufacturer. ?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,878  
It is possible that Everything Attachment's market planning, and their actual market didn't match.

They could well have been in a situation where they were selling product as quickly as they could build it. So, they decided that they could expand production, and make infinite profits.

Yet, I'm seeing Chinese direct imports hitting much of the same market that Everything Attachments was working in.

Now, EA likely had the edge for certain light duty commercial use. Yet, the Chinese products would take a huge BITE out of the light duty home owner market.

So, EA could have found themselves millions of dollars in debt in a dead-end market.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,879  

I was reading this and thinking what the hell, then I looked and see CA, oh.