Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,151  
The more I read about EA, the happier I am that I swore them off years ago after a bad experience with them and push back on TBN. I'd like to say "Look Who's Laughing Now", but I feel sorry for those members caught in a pinch.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,152  
Well, to throw a handful of wheat into all the chaff taking place in this thread lately..... I just happened to take a look at my online credit card statement for the card I used to place the order with EA, and I have to admit I was REALLY surprised. I see a full credit for the money I spent placing the order with EA!!!! I am shocked, because it was well over the 120 day limit they state, and honestly, I wasn't expecting them to do anything at all. I SERIOUSLY needed some good news right now. I was cleaning out some stuff in the bathroom used by my deceased wife and, well, you probably know...... NOT a good day.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,153  
It's nice to hear some good news... thank you for posting.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,154  
We've shifted grocery shopping from the mega-stores to Meijer's and I can't recall a too-short expiration date on canned goods or a mismatched price from store shelf to checkout. Have to watch that too at the big stores.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,155  
We've shifted grocery shopping from the mega-stores to Meijer's and I can't recall a too-short expiration date on canned goods or a mismatched price from store shelf to checkout. Have to watch that too at the big stores.
The mismatched pricing is everywhere. Must be easy for some hq’s staff to change the register prices and forget to let the store know to change the sticker/tags.
Here, you need to spend the better part of a day grocery shopping in 3 or 4 stores to save any money.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,156  
Must be easy for some hq’s staff to change the register prices and forget to let the store know to change the sticker/tags.
Our Local Kent building supplies, Canadian Tire and Supestore grocery store now have electronic price tags on the merchandise shelves. It makes it a lot faster to change prices so they can make more profit faster.
It'll also get rid of a few jobs as well I would presume. Once all the chain stores are tied in together, one person can change the prices of all the stores with one press of the keyboard.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Status of Everything Attachments #1,157  
I have AT&T Mastercard. Ordered stuff and been burned twice. No problems with AT& T - they terminate payment or refund if necessary. No questions asked.

The PROBLEM is - I've fallen for items that are too good to be true.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,158  
Many stores have a policy that if the price on shelf and price rung is different it is free, or gets lower price. I am a very conscientious shopper, and compare things like price per lb etc when I shop. I bought an expensive item, on sale, that rung up wrong. All I wanted was the correct price, even argued that I want to pay. The grocery store wasn't having any part of it, and the item was free. (this was 6-7 years ago) That was a policy above and beyond... Big Y, based out of Massachusetts. Gotta give them props.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,159  
Our Local Kent building supplies, Canadian Tire and Supestore grocery store now have electronic price tags on the merchandise shelves. It makes it a lot faster to change prices so they can make more profit faster.
It'll also get rid of a few jobs as well I would presume. Once all the chain stores are tied in together, one person can change the prices of all the stores with one press of the keyboard.
Mom and pop stores are quickly being erased.
Went to Lowe’s the other day, had to use self checkout, none others open. In order to get my military discount they wanted me to scan my drivers license. Nope, that’s not gonna happen. I’m sure lots of others will without complaint.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,160  
Many stores have a policy that if the price on shelf and price rung is different it is free, or gets lower price. I am a very conscientious shopper, and compare things like price per lb etc when I shop. I bought an expensive item, on sale, that rung up wrong. All I wanted was the correct price, even argued that I want to pay. The grocery store wasn't having any part of it, and the item was free. (this was 6-7 years ago) That was a policy above and beyond... Big Y, based out of Massachusetts. Gotta give them props.
In Massachusetts that's the law. The tag price trumps the shelf label that trumps the price stored by barcode in the register. The "free" is a good-will gesture by the merchant; kudos to "Big Y" and "Whole Paycheck" the two grocers closest to me.

(I'm intersted to see if the censors still dislike the card-playing metaphor.)

Last edited: