Steering wheel stiff

/ Steering wheel stiff #1  

Willsk

Tractor
Massey Ferguson
My tractor steering is very stiff making turning it very difficult, how can i make it more flexible, anywhere i can add grease?

/ Steering wheel stiff #2  
Physically look at the entire steering mechanism to make sure nothing is wrong with it. While you are doing that, grease/oil every moving part that you see.

Is it piwer steering (hydraulic piston in front)? If it is, make sure your hydraulic fluid is full. That being said, mine has piwer steering, and occasionally it feels hard to turn.

/ Steering wheel stiff #3  
Assuming your tractor uses hydraulic oil for steering:

Was it particularly cold there lately? Hydraulic fluid weight, and specs, might not match current temps.
Is hydraulic fluid level correct? Any signs of leaks? Is hydraulic filter due for a change?

When it’s cold, you can get the oil up to temperature quicker by turning on the PTO.
Some people turn the steering wheel and tires all the way to one side until they reach the limit and hear the hydraulic system go into pressure relief. Oil going through the pressure relief valve will warm it quicker. (Eventually too much, IMHO, if somehow forgotten about. Plus you’re using a safety device (pressure relief valve) for alternative purposes. A big deal? Most say “Meh.”)
Using the steering limits to do this is the same as trying to lower or curl the FEL bucket, or any hydraulic cylinder, past its mechanical limits and sending the system into pressure relief.

/ Steering wheel stiff #4  
I recall that you have a Vaaljapie TE F 20 and assuming that you are talking about this tractor. I would look at the steering gearbox to see if it has oil/grease in it and hopefully not rust or water