Steering while stopped

/ Steering while stopped #11  
Try turning Horsepower Management OFF and see if you can steer while stopped. Worked for me. (D Series)

/ Steering while stopped #12  
Try turning Horsepower Management OFF and see if you can steer while stopped. Worked for me. (D Series)

Spudgunner

How do you like the TC overall with the Hp management off?

/ Steering while stopped #13  
Spudgunner

My TC had a Near Death Experience a couple of days ago. We are in the midst of a huge snow storm and the TC starting doing some "extreme lurching" when trying to go forward or backwards. Was intermittant, but most of the time I was having significant trouble. No diagnostic codes.

My first thought was water in the fuel; however, I noticed that the _displayed_ RPM was all over the map when the trouble was taking place yet the engine was purring just fine. (I figure I've got a bad RPM sensor, but don't know 100% yet.) Anyway, I turned off HP Manglement. I think I read that RPM and throttle position are inputs to that system. My theory is that with RPM going bananas, the HPM followed suit. With HPM turned-off the thing is back to 100%. Even after I get this thing fixed I doubt if I'll turn HPM back on. I accidentally discovered the steering thing last night while doing snow removal.

/ Steering while stopped #14  
Why cant I turn the wheel when Stopped? Like when I want to do a 3 point turn. The steering wheel will turn about a half turn then it seems to run out of hydraulics until I start to move again.

My 5610 F does the same thing.

Turned off Horsepower Management, still can't turn the steering wheel while not moving on my F Series.

Spudgunner

I couldn't tell any difference, but I didn't use it very long, I was brush hogging on mostly flat ground.

/ Steering while stopped #15  
Wow, these threads never die! In order to facilitate the 3-pt turn, tell your right foot to press a bit on the hydro pedal while you try to turn the steering wheel. Experiment some and see if you get the "feel". Works Ok on my TC; however, it's not like a four-wheeler's power steering.

/ Steering while stopped #16  
For future reference, on my F series, pushing the Work Mode button makes it easier to steer while nearly stopped. And also for lining up the quick attach, on an attachment.