Steering

/ Steering #1  

Sparky25

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be with my steering. I turned into a wheel rut and jammed the front wheel against the side of the rut. I have since lost all steering ability. I have manual steering? Thanks

/ Steering
Update: It appears that the steering tube (shaft) has popped out of the housing below. I can see that the shaft moved up about 2 inches and you can see where the 4 pins left their mark?

/ Steering #3  
Update: It appears that the steering tube (shaft) has popped out of the housing below. I can see that the shaft moved up about 2 inches and you can see where the 4 pins left their mark?

Tractor make ??? pics of the steering would all be helpful .Larry

/ Steering
Larry, I don't have any pictures yet. It is a 135 from the sixties? It appears the steering tube pulled up and broke the 4 rivets. I managed to push the tube back down but am unsure if the steering shaft is in place. The wheels still do not turn? The steering wheel spins freely?

/ Steering #5  
Being a MF 135 then you have tie rods on both sides of the tractor that run from the steering box to the front axle,right. Now what your saying is that you actually have a problem with the steering box itself that has broken.?? If the steering box has broken it sounds like you may have to try and find a used one somewhere at a tractor wrecker. Larry