steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics

/ steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics #1  

chris73172

Tractor
steiner 230
hello all. I have a steiner 230 with the Kubota diesel that will not move unless you go to full throttle and hold the forward pedal all the way down. Even then it takes a few to engage with a lot of hopping then a violent jerk. After which the lift,power steering and weight transfer work normally as well as forward and reverse until you shut it off. then the drill starts all over again. Does not seem to matter how long it is off or if it is hot or cold. any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris

/ steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics #2  
have you checked your fluid levels?

/ steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics #3  
That's what I would say. Not sure I would be opening up the throttle on something not working.

/ steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics
Yes I have checked all the fluids-every thing is full.This started out of the blue. Was mowing and stopped to take a break.When i started back up,i had no power steering,no movement or hydraulics. Out of a fit of rage i cranked the throttle wide open and stood on the forward pedal. tractor started slightly jerking and then squawked the tires as i was on concrete. Since then, thats how i get things working.Priced a new hydraulic pump at my local steiner dealer for $1700.00!!! Just want to be sure before i drop that kind of money.

/ steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics #5  
Ouch! Yeah, I have been known to beat on things in tantrum fashion.

As it stands now, I start it and let it sit and warm up for a while before going full throttle.am using a napa 1515 filter on the hydraulics. am going to try the other one that has drain back protection in it. Wondering if hydraulic oil is draining back and pump is losing it's prime as the filter is on the suction side of the pump.

/ steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics #7  
As it stands now, I start it and let it sit and warm up for a while before going full throttle.am using a napa 1515 filter on the hydraulics. am going to try the other one that has drain back protection in it. Wondering if hydraulic oil is draining back and pump is losing it's prime as the filter is on the suction side of the pump.

Take the filter off and cut it open and look for metal..... jim

/ steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics #8  
you might also look for a collapsed hose.

there is not a hose to collapse...internally fed.only hoses are on the pressure side.no hose to final drive as well.

/ steiner 230 won't move,no steering/hydraulics #10  
So, to be clear. You bought a new pump and still have the issue? I don't know the 230 but might give you a name and number to call IF he is still working and hasn't retired.