Steiner 430 max diesel swap

/ Steiner 430 max diesel swap #1  

gunner27

Tractor
Steiner 430max
Hello I'm just in the process of buying a Steiner 430 max with the 27 gas air cooled motor ir runs a awsome and only has 1200 hours on it. I would like to switch it out for a Kubota diesel 902 or 1105 motor I was wondering if anyone has does this and if so can you please give me some info in what's in volved please? I know it will need a rad cooling far etc....and they should fit since they were a Factory option. Well the 902 was ( it may be called a 905) I can remember off hand. But any info would be awsome thanks. Iam a diesel and heavy equipment mechanic also so I would like to think I have a good idea on what I'm doing lol. Cheers Andrew from Canada

/ Steiner 430 max diesel swap #2  
Good Morning Andrew: I am very interested in your progress with placing a 902 or 1105 diesel in your 430 max. I have a D722 in my 430 Max. And I am always asking the tractor for more than 18 hp can provide. Please let me know how this interest of yours progresses. Chaslaur@gmail.com
Bridgebum24

/ Steiner 430 max diesel swap #3  
Good Morning Andrew: I am very interested in your progress with placing a 902 or 1105 diesel in your 430 max. I have a D722 in my 430 Max. And I am always asking the tractor for more than 18 hp can provide. Please let me know how this interest of yours progresses. Chaslaur@gmail.com
Bridgebum24

Skip the 1105 as it’s too long , unless you lengthen the chassis you won’t have room for the fan behind the radiator . The 902 shares the same external dimensions as the 722 so it should be a bolt on if you had a 430 diesel. I would sell yours and get a 430 diesel it’s too much money in parts to convert unless you have a parts machine .

/ Steiner 430 max diesel swap #4  
Thank you for your reply concerning the diesel swap for my 430 Max. Because this tractor is a hobby I am investigating all of the changes that would be required to place a D1105-T-E3B where the D722 sits now. Yes the frame will have to be adjusted. The D722 already has the radiator and auxiliaries to support the D1105. I will have to have new sheet metal once the swap is completed. Thank you for your input.
Bridgebum24

Skip the 1105 as it痴 too long , unless you lengthen the chassis you won稚 have room for the fan behind the radiator . The 902 shares the same external dimensions as the 722 so it should be a bolt on if you had a 430 diesel. I would sell yours and get a 430 diesel it痴 too much money in parts to convert unless you have a parts machine .