Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship?

/ Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship?
That is a rough 90+ miles for trailering a tractor. Wonderful twisties on a motorcycle though. How ever, I do ride and I do pass through that way on occasion to reach a particularly curly section of road at Marion.

prs

/ Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship? #22  
One thing about the four wheel drive is that the drive powers opposite wheels. Front left and rear right etc... This ensures equal power to all four wheels. And a big reason no locking diffs needed or wanted.

I personally have driven my 420 on surfaces it is difficult to walk on without falling. The 4wd system is the best in anything I've owned short of my snowmobile. It will go anywhere till packed underneath to the frame. BTDT with the 64 Landrover 108.

Steve

/ Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship? #23  
The drive system on the steiner is simply an open differential front and rear,in a sunstrand 2500 axle housing,driven by one pump and a pair of hydraulic motors.When going forward the power flows from the pump to the rear motor first,then the front motor then back to the pump in a closed loop.There is no opposite drive I've had them apart,it just feels glued to the ground,I know exactly what your describing,unless you have driven one it's hard to explain how well they transfer power to the ground in all conditions.

Thanks Steve! So far as I can tell, and Raw Dodge can correct me if I err, the Ventrac has not cross drive function. Everyone tells me the traction is awesome. The dealership with which I have a visit set for tomorrow may be experiencing flood problems with the Ohio River backing up the Guyandotte. I will have to call before just driving there. Well, if not tomorrow, soon.

prs

/ Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship? #25  
The ventrac is the same as the Steiners. .traction is identical between a ventrac and steiner. Your tire choice and condition matter more than if it's a ventrac or steiner.For haha's my son and I hooked our older 12,000 hour 89 420 steiner and my ventrac 4231 together on a packed dirt surface with a chain and it was a dead heat .My son on the ventrac had an advantage because it had a slip scoop up front and the 4231 is 300lbs heavier than an air cooled Steiner 420.It didn't matter he still couldn't drag me until I let him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azt2I1Mqt7o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

/ Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship? #26  
I did not read the entire thread, but if you have 30 Degree slopes - you might want the 4500 P Kawasaki - it has 6 more HP and is rated 30 degree continuous use the Y is only rated 30 degree intermittent and 20 degree continuous.

I did not read the entire thread, but if you have 30 Degree slopes - you might want the 4500 P Kawasaki - it has 6 more HP and is rated 30 degree continuous use the Y is only rated 30 degree intermittent and 20 degree continuous.

I got the 4500Z ordered. I do have the slopes, but duration at any given time period would not exceed the 10 minutes.

Rooster

/ Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship? #28  
I believe you will be happy with the 4500Z - I know some (many) people prefer the Diesel, but I did not see the need and I love my 4231 with the Briggs/ Daihatsu Liquid Cooled. You will even have 1.5 extra HP.

I got the 4500Z ordered. I do have the slopes, but duration at any given time period would not exceed the 10 minutes.

Rooster

/ Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship? #29  
Those 30 degree slopes, You want to make sure you go up and down them. Don't try to side hill it. I've tried it I know.

Steve

/ Steiner? Ventrack? What is the relationship? #30  
Steve. .we prefer to cut them side to side..easier on the machine and hydraulic system...up and down is harder on everything , I don't find it scary at all unless the conditions are such that I shouldn't be mowing it .I won't mow the steep stuff before 11am, so the grass is dry and no issues whatsoever, our steiners have no rops bars and no seat belts, I'd rather have neither, and I removed the armrests as they inhibit bailing off if needed, and without them you can easily sit on edge of the seat and side compartment .I'm talking about using steiners with duals..not my ventrac