Stepping up

/ Stepping up
I think the cab will be out for the near future. Instead, my wife suggested that we build an additional garage, so I can put the truck and the tractor stuff under cover. Then she said I should make the side of the garage where the tractor currently resides into a shop that I can do my welding and painting in. I sure do love that woman! Dyer, retired

/ Stepping up #26  
John, I'm a big fan of position control on the 3pt, and am not sure that I really like the pivoting seat for the backhoe.... it seems higher, and a bit wobbly to me, but I'm wondering what the reasons were that led you to the B3030 over the B3200?

/ Stepping up #27  
I'm interested in what modifications that would take?

Chuck, on the tractor i loosened the radio antenna and the rear lollipop lights and turned them down some. Then i pulled the trim at the top of the door opening and replaced it with much thinner trim. When i take the tractor out i push the door up till its completely on the flat horizontal section of the track (versus the bottom panel resting in the curve) and use a squeeze clamp to hold it there. I assume if I were one of those rich guys with an electric door opener, i could adjust that to open the door till it was all on the horizontal section of the track. Its still pretty close, but it didn't take any drastic work to get it inside.

/ Stepping up #28  
I got the fever and am stepping up from my BX1800 to a B3030...being delivered next week.

If I were going cabless, one thing I'd have them change when the tractor is assembled......... have them put the cab joystick on it instead of the mast mounted stick. It wouldn't be much of a price difference if its done that way from the get-go.

/ Stepping up
John, I'm a big fan of position control on the 3pt, and am not sure that I really like the pivoting seat for the backhoe.... it seems higher, and a bit wobbly to me, but I'm wondering what the reasons were that led you to the B3030 over the B3200?

Chuck,

I had read several comments on TBN about the B3200 having a vibration problem through a certain rpm range that hadn't been experienced on the B3030. It was one of those things that for 2 extra horsepower wasn't worth being aggravated over, so I went with the 3030. Plus, they had one (B3030) on the showroom floor that went from crate to floor and all the other 3030's and 3200's were out in the yard with various stages of rust starting to appear. The rusting wasn't of big concern to me, but I thought if I'm laying down that much money, it should be pristine when it goes in my garage. The upgrade to the B3030 was to do with the bucket, backhoe, pto hp, and ground clearance. The BX1800 has been great and I have used it for more things than I ever would have imagined, but now I have stump work and landscaping to do...along with a half year of snow coming, so it was time to move up.

Ductape,

I really am not anticipating a cab for several years, with the build of the new garage coming. The installation of the 40 amp alternator is slowing delivery up by a couple of days and I'm getting anxious, so probably won't have the joystick position changed out. I was hoping they'd call today and tell me it's ready early, but no such luck....still looking at Thursday. John

/ Stepping up #30  
I really am not anticipating a cab for several years, with the build of the new garage coming. The installation of the 40 amp alternator is slowing delivery up by a couple of days and I'm getting anxious, so probably won't have the joystick position changed out. I was hoping they'd call today and tell me it's ready early, but no such luck....still looking at Thursday. John

I have heard people mention the alternator upgrade. Mine is stock, whatever that is. I have used mine through two winters and have never had an alternator issue. What is the purpose of the 40 amp alternator?