stihl 029 fuel line & f-filter

/ stihl 029 fuel line & f-filter #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Gentlemen,

Wanted to know if there are any special tools needed to pull and replace both the fuel-line and fuel filter for my 029?

If you have any "tricks-of-the-trade" or recommendations regarding anything in removing or re-installing these parts, I am ALL EARS. This is the first time I have been into my 029 before so I wanted to proceed with both good advice and caution.

Thank you very much & pls let me know if you have any questions.

Appreciate all your help and advice.

Regards,
tstex

/ stihl 029 fuel line & f-filter #3  
If like a 028, I'd have a pair of locking hemostats, a pair of small/long needle-nose pliers, a can of WD40 and a little patience on hand.

/ stihl 029 fuel line & f-filter #4  
If like a 028, I'd have a pair of locking hemostats, a pair of small/long needle-nose pliers, a can of WD40 and a little patience on hand.

That's how I did my older Craftsman saw. Just pulled out he old one first. Then I cut the new one with about an inch long taper on the end so it was nice and pointy. Slipped the point into the tank from the engine side, reached into the filler neck with locking hemostats and pulled it out far enough to cut it flush again, slipped on the fuel filter and pulled it back into the tank from the engine side. Then I routed it back to the carb through some protective steel spring material that is in there, cut it to length and slipped onto the carb. It took longer to remove all the covers then it did to put in the fuel line. :laughing: