Stihl 036 Hard Starting

/ Stihl 036 Hard Starting #11  
Well guys thx for comments...and sad fact it IS me! Took saw to friend a lot younger than me and he started it on second pull.

I am 80 and two years ago at age 78 I could do what most 58 year olds could not do. Then in Nov 21 I tested positive for covid. Did not bother me until 4-6 weeks later when I had no energy, and tired. After every test under the sun, my doc says I'm a "covid longhauler". If you have read anything about it, effects people differently..in my case strength/energy, tiredness. All kinds of articles about it but conclusion is always the same.."no clue".
Sorry to hear that. I have not heard of long haul with recent milder Covid strains. Was this the first infection you had and were you vaxed? If so, to what level?

/ Stihl 036 Hard Starting
Sorry to hear that. I have not heard of long haul with recent milder Covid strains. Was this the first infection you had and were you vaxed? If so, to what level?
GD
Both my wife and I had two Moderna shots but had not had a booster. I felt fine but was scheduled for a cortisone shot in my knee and when I got a screening call with the usual questions, I said I'm fine just I think my usual fall cold coming on. They canceled my appt. so that afternoon I went to my PC and got a test-next day I'm told I'm positive. I felt fine. Six days later my wife tests positive and in 16 days she is gone. And she had to get 10,000 steps a day on her Fitbit!

Didn't bother me until a month later when I started with the no energy, no strength issues, and since, 20 pds lighter than I was pre covid..and the 20 pds was not fat! So here I am 2 plus years later and as the thread says, can't start my 036!

/ Stihl 036 Hard Starting #13  
@Red Horse , JFYI. If you dont keep up with all the boosters. Like you found out you can still get it.

My son works in lab doing all the testing at one time for everything.
He said when this came out it will be just like the flu. Always mutating to change to another. He had been dead on that every since day one when announced.

So just like the flu shot changes every year. So will this.

If you take shots keep up with all the free boosters that is offered. This last strain folks that got it said it was a azz kicker.

/ Stihl 036 Hard Starting #14  
I went with a battery powered saw. Game over.

/ Stihl 036 Hard Starting #15  
When starting my 70 cc saw, I sure can't pull it like my 50 cc saw. The 70 cc needs a quicker along with harder pull if that makes sense.

/ Stihl 036 Hard Starting #16  
When I was riding big bore two stroke dirt bikes I learned to gently turn the engine over until it stopped from compression, then give it a healthy kick on the starter. That way you get a full rotation of the crank. The same trick works on saws.

/ Stihl 036 Hard Starting #17  
When I was riding big bore two stroke dirt bikes I learned to gently turn the engine over until it stopped from compression, then give it a healthy kick on the starter. That way you get a full rotation of the crank. The same trick works on saws.
Yes, and that is also how I start my air cooled Yanmar Diesel generator. Except I don't kick it. :ROFLMAO: First pull every time.